WASHINGTON - After a dramatic turn around, Indian-American Kamala Harris is clinging to a razor-thin majority in the race to be attorney general of California. But the race is still not over. And it won't be for weeks to come.
WASHINGTON - Ending the US military's policy that bans gays from openly serving must be orderly, US President Barack Obama said Wednesday, expressing hope that Congress will repeal the law when it returns following an election recess.
WASHINGTON - US President Barack Obama took responsibility for the voter discontent that led to the "shellacking" of Democrats in congressional elections, while pledging Wednesday to work with the newly empowered Republicans.
KOLKATA - Railways Minister and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Wednesday brushed aside queries on Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi's recent visit to West Bengal to strengthen his party, saying the young leader first needed to learn the nuances of politics.
- Press Conference by the President
- West Bengal housing minister threatened me: Mamata
- I have offered chief minister’s post to Pranab: Mamata
- Obama acknowledges failure to change Washington
- Michelle Obama to bring a touch of compassion in India
- Kamala Harris clings to lead for California attorney general (Second Lead)
- Bush considered dumping Cheney in 2004
- Kamala Harris holds thin lead for California attorney general
- Domestic threats more serious than external ones: Ansari
- Kamala Harris holds narrow lead for California attorney general
- Ex-MP Diwan resigns from Congress
- Russ Feingold loses to Republican Ron Johnson
- OZ voters angry with Gillard, want new election
- Geraldine Ferraro and Sarah Palin Discuss on Woman President
- Nikki Haley, daughter of Sikh parents, is South Carolina’s first woman governor (Night Lead)
- Readout of the President’s Calls Tonight
- No African Americans in the New Senate
- Mulayam brings Azam Khan back into fold
- Pak’s 260 billion dollar gold mines being negotiated behind closed doors?
- Democrats lose House, cling to Senate, Nikki Haley wins (Roundup)
- No sniffer dogs at Rajghat, says trustee
- Bangladesh mourns freedom fighters’ killings in 1975
- Azam Khan’s expulsion revoked
- Nikki Haley to rule largely white South Carolina
- John Boehner On A High!
- We will introspect and win back people’s trust: Achuthanandan
- Punjab bandh call: Radical Sikh leaders arrested
- Khaleda Zia demands mid-term polls in Bangladesh
- Nikki Haley Wins Governor Race
- Republican Pat Toomey Wins US Senate Seat in Pennsylvania
- Berlusconi’s Bunga Bunga sex romps now in Italian lexicon
- Joe Manchin Defies John Raese
- Democratic Representative Barney Frank Re-elected in Massachusetts
- Obama humbled by US elections after two years in office
- US lauds Indian diaspora for propelling India ties
- Nancy Pelosi To Bow Out
- House of Representatives Now Backed by the Republicans
- Democratic Party likely to retain control of US Senate
- Barack Obama India Trip Ahead
- Obama’s Democrats lose House, hold on to Senate (Third Lead)
- Indian-American Nikki Haley South Carolina’s first woman governor (Second Lead)
- Both Nikki Haley and Bobby Jindal’s parents came from Punjab
- It’s better to be passionate about girls than be gay, says Berlusconi