PATNA - Maoists Sunday abducted four polling officials and released them in an hour in Bihar's Sitamarhi district and also attempted to ransack a polling station during the second phase of the assembly elections.
NEW DELHI - Growing strategic partnership between India and Japan is vital for peace, prosperity and stability in Asia and the world, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said Sunday on the eve of his departure to Japan, Malaysia and Vietnam.
NEW DELHI - Prime Minister Manmohan Sunday left for a three-nation tour of Japan, Malaysia and Vietnam to bolster economic ties with partners in East Asia and strengthen India's presence in the region.
PATNA - The second phase of the Bihar assembly elections began in 45 constituencies spread across the Tirhut-Mithilanchal belt Sunday amid reports of Maoist violence in Sitamarhi district.
PATNA - The second phase of the Bihar assembly elections began Sunday in 45 constituencies spread across the Tirhut-Mithilanchal belt where the opposition Rashtriya Janata Dal-Lok Janshakti Party have a strong base.
- Second phase of Bihar polls begins
- Barbados PM dies of cancer
- BJP’s next national executive in Guwahati
- BJP sweeps Gujarat local bodies elections
- CPI-M terrorising people to remain in power: Mamata
- Congress’ Gujarat chief puts in his papers
- Over 75 percent voting in Kerala local bodies polls
- 30 Congress legislators being lured by BJP: Siddaramaiah
- Palestinians to reconsider agreements with Israel
- BJP sweeps local bodies polls in Gujarat
- Congress MP supports Rahul comments on Maharashtra
- RSS, SIMI both have destructive ideology: Congress
- Congress to strengthen base in Jammu and Kashmir
- Musharraf allowed US to carry out drone recce flights in Pak: Gilani
- Taliban deal would need to meet strict conditions: Canadian PM
- French protests continue against pension reform plan
- Weekly Address: Warns of GOP Efforts to Repeal Wall Street Reform - Including Foreclosure Protections
- Bihar poll-second phase: Caste arithmetic to play decisive role (Curtain Raiser)
- After Maoist attack, poll time changed in Bihar district
- Election Commission Of Gujarat Investigates EVM Disfunctions
- French parliament approves Sarkozy’s pension reform
- Moderate polling in Kerala, election official dies
- The Congress is the best friend of the Thackerays (Comment)
- A long relationship ends in Punjab’s first family (Letter From Chandigarh)
- Sonia, Rahul to campaign for Bihar polls again