NEW DELHI - Norwegian Minister Erik Solheim plans to visit Colombo in a bid to mend troubled ties with Sri Lanka, where many had come to see him and his country as sympathisers of the Tamil Tigers.
MUMBAI - Aditya Thackeray, Bal Thackeray's grandson who is set to play a larger role in Maharashtra politics, says he is not opposed to Rohinton Mistry's Booker nominated novel "Such a Long Journey" per se but does not want it to be part of the Mumbai University syllabus.
PATNA - Bihar Chief Minister and Janata Dal (United) leader Nitish Kumar has downplayed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's remark that the Bihar government was not implementing the central welfare schemes.
MUMBAI - Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray Sunday night formally anointed grandson Aditya into politics by presenting him a ceremonial sword as a crowd of over 200,000 cheered lustily.
NEW DELHI - Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh, Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi attended Dussehra celebrations at the famous Ramlila Maidan here on Sunday evening.
- Omar should quit at the earliest: Advani
- President, Vice-President, Prime Minister attend Dussehra celebrations in Delhi’s Subash Maidan
- Haryana institutes awards for women
- Iran will make no compromise: Ahmadinejad
- Two Indian-origin MPs face suspension from Lords
- Congress appeasing minorities: RSS chief
- India, Germany to sign cultural pact, push UN reforms
- PM’s remarks far from truth, says Nitish Kumar
- Central funds are not Congress property: Jaitley to PM
- Indian enclave attacked after Bangladeshi killed
- Manmohan Singh should speak as economist, not politician: BJP
- Bal Thackeray to anoint grandson into politics
- Tony Blair ‘took 76 gifts when he left Downing Street’
- Development overrides caste in Bihar battle
- Good news on Kashmir soon: Gilani
- Who derailed Yechury’s chances as Kashmir interlocutor? (Capital Buzz)
- AIADMK steps into 39th year
- Opposition leader asked to vacate house