CAIRO/SIRTE - Heads of states from various Arab and African countries attended Saturday the opening of the second Arab-Afro summit, which will focus heavily on Mideast peace negotiations and the looming South Sudan referendum.
BANGALORE/PANAJI - The crisis in the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Saturday deepened, with more party legislators, including two who returned to the party fold in the last two days, joining the rebels in Goa while a dissident minister said he was returning to the party fold.
NEW DELHI - India Saturday expressed anger over a racist email the police made in Australia's Victoria state, even as Australia condemned it as offensive and unacceptable.
PANAJI - One of the 13 rebel Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislators of Karnataka Saturday denied the BJP's claim that they had been kidnapped by the Congress and the Janata Dal-S (JD-S), saying they had walked out of the negotiations on their own.
- Prime Minister condoles passing away of civil rights campaigner S.R. Sankaran
- Gujarat civic, panchayat polls to set tone for 2012 assembly clash
- ‘Sonia Gandhi to decide on Congress’ state unit chiefs soon’
- Pakistan anti-graft body chief’s appointment challenged
- Congress denies any hand in Karnataka crisis
- Congress, JD-S have kidnapped Karnataka MLAs, alleges BJP
- Congress not doing enough to check rising prices: Buddhadeb
- Pakistan’s ex-brigadier ready to testify against Musharraf
- Maoist sympathiser Gaddar takes up Telangana cause
- BJP summons C P Thakur following his resignation
- Yeddyurappa government will fall, says Kumaraswamy
- Legislator seeks security after utterances against Badals
- Weekly Address: President Obama Underscores Commitment to Strengthening Our Education System
- S.S. Chandran Passes Away
- Racist police e-mail offensive, unacceptable: Australian envoy
- Rabri Devi files papers for Raghopur, Sonepur seats
- Shiv Sena attacks Rahul Gandhi, Omar Abdullah
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for Bihar’s Raghopur seat
- Soap bar ‘made of Silvio Berlusconi’s fat’ on show at Swiss museum
- JMM legislators resent denial of cabinet berths
- Bihar BJP chief summoned to Delhi to meet high command
- Rebel Karnataka MLAs’ major issues sorted out: Naik
- Chandrababu Naidu raises hand on tribal woman
- Ayodhya verdict has complicated Bihar poll scene (Comment)
- Australian envoy summoned over cops’ racist email
- TV presenter’s ‘racist’ remarks on Sheila Dikshit have embarrassed New Zealand: PM
- Americans evenly divided over Bush vs Obama