WASHINGTON - Underscoring the "significance" that US puts on its "important economic relationship" with India, the White House hopes to have "some tangible results" from President Barack Obama's visit to India.
Release Time: For Immediate Release Location: James S.
Release Time: For Immediate Release By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, to restore the country to its role as the global leader in education, to strengthen the Nation by expanding educational opportunities and improving educational outcomes for Hispanics and Latinos (Hispanics) of all ages, and to help ensure that all Hispanics receive an education that properly prepares them for college, productive careers, and satisfying lives, it is hereby ordered as follows: Section 1. Policy. At more than 52 million strong, including 4 million in Puerto Rico, Hispanics constitute the country's largest and fastest growing minority group. They have had a profound and positive impact on our country through, among other things, their community's strong commitment to family, faith, hard work, and service. Many Hispanics contribute to this Nation bilingually in the English and Spanish languages -- a true asset for our country in an increasingly global, interdependent world.
Release Time: For Immediate Release Today, the Department of Agriculture and the Department of Justice announced a settlement agreement with the plaintiffs in the Keepseagle class action lawsuit. This suit was originally filed in 1999 by Native American farmers alleging discrimination in access to and participation in USDA’s farm loan programs. With today’s agreement, we take an important step forward in remedying USDA’s unfortunate civil rights history.
Release Time: For Immediate Release Location: East Room 2:11 P.M.
- President Obama Signs Executive Order Renewing the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics
- Indonesia, UAE discuss bilateral ties
- Now Dikshit campaigns for Congress in Bihar
- Badal defends finance minister’s sacking
- TDP stages protest to meet Prime Minister in Hyderabad
- Karnataka Congress protests ‘poaching’ by BJP
- India, South Korea sign Social Security Agreement
- Government forms committee to set agenda for NIC meet
- Remarks by the President at a DSCC Dinner in Rockville, Maryland
- Campaign ends for first phase of Bihar polls
- Gadkari’s questions to PM on CWG (to go with BJP demands graft probe, says PMO sanctioned Games projects)
- Former prostitute in New York gubernatorial debate
- China for joint efforts with Russia on global challenges
- Australia’s role in Afghanistan may last till 2020: Gillard
- Petition filed in Pak SC to use ‘lie detecting machine’ on Gilani, Awan
- Pakistan’s overreach thwarted July 15 talks: India
- Politics makes way into Durga Puja celebrations
- Russia must democratise to avoid mass unrest: Gorbachev
- Iran openly backs Iraqi PM Maliki for second term
- French Strike Intensifies As More Workers Join
- Need for collective scientific efforts to combat climate change: Manmohan Singh
- PMO responsible for CWG mess: Gadkari
- Kerala local body elections: warm-up for 2011? (Comment)
- Nitish reaches out to upper castes in poll-bound Bihar
- Lok Sabha Speaker to meet party leaders Wednesday
- Nitish battles for supremacy in Round one (Bihar Curtainraiser - Phase 1)
- CWG scam: Income tax raids on BJP leader’s house
- `Secularism’ to be restored in Bangladesh constitution
- Advani to address three public meetings in Bihar
- Rahul Gandhi to campaign again in Bihar
- Nitin Gadkari slams central govt. over CWG graft charges
- When did this Pakistani lawmaker actually graduate?