LONDON - First former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair became a Roman Catholic after leaving office in 2007, and now his sister in law has converted to Islam.
Paris, Oct 25 (IANS/RIA Novosti) French President Nicolas Sarkozy's retirement reform plan has led to a dramatic drop in his public approval rating, with around 70 percent of the people saying they were "dissatisfied" with his work.
TOKYO - The famed Japanese efficiency was in evidence as soon as Air India One carrying Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his entourage touched down in pouring rain Sunday evening. All passengers disembarking were quickly handed out umbrellas, swiftly opened so not a minute was wasted.
TOKYO - Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's interview to the Japanese media ahead of his three-day visit to the country was extensively covered in the newspapers here Monday, meriting an anchor in The Daily Yomiuri and a front page mention in the International Herald Tribue/Asahi Shimbun edition.
NEW DELHI - While projecting India as a growing and vibrant market, Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh on Sunday invited Japanese companies to be part of India's ambitious development plans, with a promise of improving the investment climate for foreign investors.
- Nothing to do with Gujarat civic polls EVMs, says EC
- 52.55 percent votes cast in Bihar polls second phase
- Iraq apex court orders parliament to reconvene
- One killed, 50 injured in Bangladesh protests
- Manmohan Singh arrives in Tokyo
- Prove poll violence charge, demands Kerala home minister
- Millions vote in Bihar despite Maoist threats (Night Lead)
- 52.55 percent voting in Bihar poll second phase
- China wants full military exchanges with India
- Millions vote in Bihar — peacefully again (Evening Lead)
- Iraqi PM criticizes timing of Wikileaks disclosure
- Manmohan Singh lands in Tokyo for annual summit
- One of Blair’s longest-serving employees quits amid great mystery
- China trip lands Maoist army in fresh row in Nepal
- David Thompson Passes Away
- Gilani eyeing another term for PPP-led govt in Pakistan
- Jharkhand violated officers exams norms, says vigilance
- Hope in Kashmir as interlocutors begin mission
- Brisk voting in Bihar despite Maoist attacks (Afternoon Lead)
- WikiLeaks Afghan War Diary Faces Criticism
- The desi who’s who in Obama administration (To go with Obama visit: All the president’s desis)
- Season of hope for Congress wannabes (Capital Buzz)
- Strategic partnership with Japan important for peace, stability in Asia, world: PM
- Sherry Rehman served notice for indiscipline