CANBERRA - Australian Labor Party Senator Doug Cameron has claimed that lawmakers under leadership of former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd behaved like "zombies".
CANBERRA - Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Attorney General Robert McClelland formally opened Australia's first counter-terrorism control center here on Thursday, even as the country's spy chief David Irvine revealed that hundreds of potential terrorist attacks on Australian interests are under investigation.
Canberra (Australia), Oct.19 (ANI): Australia will remain in Afghanistan after its troops complete their training mission in 2014 and be engaged there "through this decade at least", Prime Minister Julia Gillard said today.
SYDNEY - Police say a graphic video of an unarmed man who was zapped with a Taser 13 times shows an unacceptable misuse of stun guns, as questions are raised about how much the devices are used in Australia.
SYDNEY - Graphic video of police repeatedly stunning an unarmed man with a Taser has helped restart a debate about whether stun guns are being overused by authorities in Australia.
- Event exec burned in effigy at Commonwealth Games
- Commonwealth Games head sees improved conditions
- UN session urges US, others to back nuke test pact
- Indian ministers' meeting on games ends
- Athletes delay arrival at troubled games in India
- Asylum seekers protest at Sydney detention center
- Clinton, Gates going to Australia in November
- Former Aussie PM to visit US as foreign minister
- Ex-PM Rudd named Australia's foreign minister
- Obama congratulates Australian PM on forming govt
- Australian independent to support Liberal Party
- Wilkie Joined Collaborates with Julia Gillard
- Australian lawmakers reveal $9.7 B hole in pledges
- Former ICC chief calls for Pakistan team ban
- Aborigine nears win in Australia's House of Reps
- Australian PM contenders promise no early election
- Independent lawmakers hold key to Aust. government
- PM Debars Arbib To Appear on a TV Show
- Australian PM asks independents to save government
- Australian PM says elections too close to call
- Australian PM says election too close to call
- Australian PM says election to close to call
- Australian governing party trailing in vote count
- Australia's federal election at a glance
- Australia votes on whether first woman PM survives
- Gillard demands republic status for Australia
- Aussie PM: Nation should drop British monarchy
- Asia stops to remember end of World War II
- China urges closer military ties with Australia
- Australian opposition launches election campaign
- Dumped PM enters Australian election campaign
- Gillard announces Aug 21 polls, seeks mandate ‘to move Australia forward’
- Australia's 1st female PM faces 1st poll as leader
- Former journalist Abbott vying to be Australian PM
- Australian PM poised to announce August elections