YANGON - Myanmar's military-ruled population started voting Sunday in the country's first election in 20 years, designed to introduce "discipline-flourishing democracy".
KOLKATA - Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Railways Minister Mamata Banerjee Saturday condoled the death of former West Bengal chief minister Siddhartha Shankar Ray.
KOLKATA - Sophisticated and articulate, Siddhartha Shankar Ray was an administrator par excellence who crushed the Naxalite movement in West Bengal and was the first envoy to put business on the India-US agenda.
BERLIN - A train transporting nuclear waste from France crossed the border into Germany Saturday, where tens of thousands of anti-nuclear activists were demonstrating and attempting to block the tracks.
NEW DELHI - In a special gesture, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur will receive US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle at Delhi airport Sunday, sources here said Saturday.
- Obama floods Twitter in India
- Siddhartha Shankar Ray, former West Bengal chief minister dead (Second Lead)
- Ex-ambassador to US S.S. Ray dead
- Ex-chief minister of West Bengal S.S. Ray dead
- BJP group to decide points for Sushma Swaraj-Obama talks
- Mahatma Gandhi a hero to the world: Obama (Lead)
- Karunanidhi opposes encoding of Tamil alphabets
- Obama salutes Mumbai, Gandhi as he begins India journey (Evening Roundup)
- Left activists protest Obama visit
- MQM leader’s burial in Karachi sparks shutdown, violence
- US must support India’s Security Council bid: McCain
- Election fraud complaints against Myanmar junta party
- Obama’s speech on terror disappointing: BJP
- Chavan gifts Obama coffee table book on Maharashtra
- Weekly Address: President Obama Calls for Compromise and Explains his Priorities on Taxes
- “My Army” won’t topple democratically elected Pak government: Gilani
- Obama unlikely to push India on Pakistan:NYT
- Obama praises Taj manager Kang, Moshe’s nanny
- Obama’s India trip could tip power balance: Pakistan officials
- Obamas sign guest book at Taj hotel
- Ousted Nepal king may try wedding diplomacy in India
- President Barack Obama’s Visit To India: Security Tightened
- Obama not likely to push India hard on Pakistan: NYT
- Pakistan gives another 26/11 dossier on eve of Obama visit
- President Obama, Michelle arrive in India
- Namaste India! Obama to read from teleprompter
- President Obama arrives in Mumbai
- India trip shows importance Obama places on ties: US daily
- Lalu gives Bihar a crash course on poll machine functionary
- Musharraf disappointed over Obama skipping Pakistan
- Obama’s India visit significant, a signal to China: Expert