SILIGURI - The Darjeeling hills in West Bengal were peaceful Thursday but normal life was paralysed by the indefinite shutdown called by the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) to protest the death of two supporters in police firing two days ago.
SILIGURI - Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) activists set ablaze several government bungalows and a checkpost and looted ammunition from a police outpost as violence rocked West Bengal's Darjeeling hills Wednesday, the first day of GJM's indefinite shutdown.
SILIGURI - Life was disrupted Wednesday in West Bengal's Darjeeling hills in response to a call by the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) for an indefinite shutdown to protest the killing of its supporters in police firing.
MALDA - In the wake of media reports about 18 Indians stashing money in a German bank, West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Saturday accused the Congress-led central government of allowing people to keep their illegal wealth in foreign accounts.
COOCH BEHAR/SILIGURI - Railway Minister and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Saturday said West Bengal's ruling Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) should compare what they had done for implementation of railway projects in West Bengal during UPA-I government with what has been done by her party during UPA-II.
- CPI-M has done nothing for north Bengal: Mamata
- Bengal governor visits massacre sites, to file report
- Bangla group’s shutdown call evokes partial response
- Bangla group’s shutdown in Siliguri cripples life
- Mamata buckles under anti-land acquisition stir, cancels Sankarail project
- Opposition shutdowns hit life in parts of Bengal
- Left to hold rally against price rise in Delhi: Buddhadeb
- Industry will be set up in Singur: Buddhadeb
- CPI-M government a bandit government: Mamata
- Killings a murder of the constitution: Mamata
- Seven people die in firing, CPI-M blamed (Third Lead)
- Maoists kill seven ‘Forward Bloc’ workers in West Bengal
- Maoists burn CPI-M activist’s house in Jhargram
- Buddhadeb lambasts Mamata for making ‘false’ promises
- Pranab praises Buddhadeb a day after supping with Mamata
- Siddhartha Shankar Ray Passes Away
- Student wings of Trinamool Congress, CPI (M) clash in West Bengal
- CPI-Marxist cadre responsible for death of two PCAPA members, says Mukul Roy
- Trinamool accuses CPI (M), police of harassing and arresting party workers
- Maoists kill CPI-Marxist leader in Paschim Medinipur District
- Trinamool obstructing Bengal’s development: Buddhadeb
- Congress not doing enough to check rising prices: Buddhadeb
- CPI parliamentarian in all praise for Mamata
- Rice at Rs.2 a kg for those returning to West Midnapore
- Rahul exhorts youngsters to join Youth Congress
- Rahul charms Santiniketan on his maiden trip (Roundup)
- Rahul skirts query on whether he will be next PM
- Rahul Gandhi says he gets 5,000 letters a day
- Rahul gets tumultuous welcome in Santiniketan
- Visva-Bharati gears up to receive another Nehru-Gandhi scion
- Four killed in CPI (M)-Congress clash in West Bengal
- Lalgarh turned into war zone for Mamata’s rally
- Lalgarh Waves Hit Lok Sabha
- Election Commission Rules Out Early Polls
- Bharat Bandh Called By Maoists