CHICAGO - Illinois' prison chief, who became a political liability to Gov.
WASHINGTON - Israeli and Palestinian leaders sat down for their first direct peace talks in two years on Thursday, pledging to overcome deep skepticism and disappointment with past U.S.-brokered attempts to resolve the long-running conflict.
BEIJING - Census takers counting China's more than 1.3 billion people already face a daunting task, and it's getting harder for the latest once-a-decade update.
LOME, Togo - Togo's opposition leader claims police tried to stop him from leading protesters through a police blockade in their attempt to protest the alleged rigging of this year's presidential election.
- Telecom services can bridge rich-poor divide: Rahul
- Sonia set for successive fourth term as Congress president (Night Lead)
- Clinton opens new round of Mideast peace talks
- India asks Sri Lanka to find political solution
- Jethmalani attacks government on funds stashed abroad, Bhopal
- Chinese culture minister visits Taiwan
- Group promotes Egypt's spy chief for president
- Sudan's north-south faultline worries about war
- Antony visits South Korea amid row with China
- Wilkie Joined Collaborates with Julia Gillard
- UN to release Congo 'genocide' report in October
- POLITICAL INSIDER: Clinton helps Ark. Democrat