SILIGURI - West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Sunday asked the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) to stop its agitation for a separate state, saying the demand for Gorkhaland will never be accepted.
SILIGURI - The Darjeeling hills in West Bengal were peaceful Thursday but normal life was paralysed by the indefinite shutdown called by the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) to protest the death of two supporters in police firing two days ago.
SILIGURI - Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) activists set ablaze several government bungalows and a checkpost and looted ammunition from a police outpost as violence rocked West Bengal's Darjeeling hills Wednesday, the first day of GJM's indefinite shutdown.
SILIGURI - Life was disrupted Wednesday in West Bengal's Darjeeling hills in response to a call by the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) for an indefinite shutdown to protest the killing of its supporters in police firing.
COOCH BEHAR/SILIGURI - Railway Minister and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Saturday said West Bengal's ruling Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) should compare what they had done for implementation of railway projects in West Bengal during UPA-I government with what has been done by her party during UPA-II.
- CPI-M has done nothing for north Bengal: Mamata
- Bangla group’s shutdown call evokes partial response
- Bangla group’s shutdown in Siliguri cripples life
- Brinda Karat lashes out at Central government over JPC issue
- Ghising’s aide quits his Gorkha outfit
- Mamata to visit Darjeeling soon, appeals for peace
- Sixth round of Darjeeling tripartite July 24
- Gorkha group threatens indefinite Darjeeling shutdown
- Six killed, 20 injured in West Bengal accident
- Shutdown affects life in north Bengal towns
- Gorkha group calls for 240-hour shutdown next month
- CPM, TDP to press for JPC to probe ‘IPL-Gate’
- Buddhadeb slams GJM’s movement for Gorkhaland
- Gorkhaland activists to hold relay hunger strike Feb 9
- GJM to stage blockades at government offices
- GJM ends four-day shutdown in Darjeeling hills
- GJM withdraws four-day shutdown
- Tourists flee as GJM shutdown begins in Darjeeling hills
- Will continue to push for Gorkhaland: GJM chief
- Tourists leave Darjeeling as Gorkhaland movement gains momentum
- After Telangana, demand for Gorkhaland heats up
- Now, GJM to start indefinite fast for Gorkhaland state