SACRAMENTO - Democrat Jerry Brown was sworn in Monday as California governor, replacing former action movie star Arnold Schwarzenegger who completed two terms in office and is not allowed to run again.
SACRAMENTO - Just hours before his term as California governor was to end Monday, Arnold Schwarzenegger reduced the prison sentence of the son of a political ally who was sentenced to 16 years for a 2008 murder.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - The campaign of Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jerry Brown has apologized to Republican rival Meg Whitman after an aide referred to her in a recorded voicemail message as a "whore" because of her attempt to curry favor with a law enforcement union.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Republican Meg Whitman has spent more than $140 million so far on her campaign for California governor, nearly $40 million of it during the last three months, she reported Tuesday.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - California Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jerry Brown has $22.5 million in campaign cash as he heads into the final month of the race against Republican Meg Whitman, his campaign said Tuesday as it prepared to file official reports with state officials.
- Longtime California political consultant dies
- Maid dispute could hurt Whitman's Latino strategy
- Poll finds close races for Calif. gov, Senate
- Poll: Democrats Brown, Boxer hold narrow leads
- Calif. law honors World War II internment critic
- Poll: Boxer leading Fiorina in Calif. Senate race
- Detroit to Whitman: Invest in struggling cities
- Medical pot advocates oppose Calif. legalization
- Correction: Meg Whitman spending story
- Clinton will campaign for Brown, a former rival
- Money's no object for billionaire in CA gov's race
- Nancy Reagan endorses Meg Whitman, Carly Fiorina
- Coast to coast, tea partiers promote their cause
- Tea party rallies seek momentum as elections near
- Bill Clinton stars in new anti-Brown California ad
- Court won't force Calif officials to defend Prop 8
- Lawmakers urge governor to appeal Prop 8 ruling
- Calif. lawmakers reject open-carry gun ban
- Calif. GOP Senate candidate to travel to Israel
- Whitman: Nurses' suffrage rally is 'a distraction'
- Calif. delays Bo Derek confirmation to horse board
- Bill in Calif. would help farmworkers form unions
- Calif lawmakers address WWII treatment of Italians
- Mario Obledo dies in Sacramento at age of 78
- Whitman adds $13M to campaign for Calif. governor
- Schwarzenegger announces trade mission to Russia
- Whitman spending hits $99M in California gov race
- Zsa Zsa's husband drops out of Calif. gov's race
- Calif. Rep. Lungren caught speeding while on air
- Poll: Calif. governor's, Senate races remain close
- Schwarzenegger mobilizes National Guard to border
- Calif may dump 'state rock' that contains asbestos
- Poll: Schwarzenegger approval rating hits new low
- AP Enterprise: Fiorina faces fundraising challenge
- Field Poll: Calif. Senate race in statistical tie