BRASILIA - Left-wing economist Dilma Rousseff, 63, was inaugurated Saturday as the first female president of Brazil, succeeding her popular mentor Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.
BRASILIA - Left-wing economist Dilma Rousseff, 63, was inaugurated Saturday in Brasilia as the first female president in the history of Brazil.
BANGALORE - Karnataka Saturday completed the three-phase elections to local governing bodies with the results on Jan 4 likely to decide the fate of land scam-hit Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa.
NEW DELHI - President Pratibha Patil spent the New Year's Day with her family in Diu where she is on a week-long vacation, according to sources.
- Lalu Yadav visits Jagannath temple to celebrate New Year
- JD-S to stall Karnataka legislature till Yeddyurappa quits
- Weekly Address: Democrats and Republicans Have Shared Responsibility to Move America Forward
- US in secret talks with Syria over peace deal with Israel
- ‘Development’ remark irks Telangana leaders
- India, Pakistan exchange list of nuke facilities
- Congress wins Chandigarh mayor poll by one vote
- Pak forms probe team to see if Benazir murder plot was hatched in Brigadier’s house
- Pak security forces have not committed rights violation: Gilani
- Japan PM might visit China to improve the soured bilateral ties
- North Korea says it wants to defuse tension with South
- Iran denies WikiLeaks report that Ahmadinejad was slapped