WASHINGTON - The US welcomes India's greater involvement in East Asia and is committed to working with New Delhi as it increases ties with US allies in Southeast Asia and Japan, a senior US official has said.
WASHINGTON - The US ambassador to China has submitted his resignation to the White House ahead of what political observers expect to be a run for president.
SHANGHAI - Chinese President Hu Jintao may have never thought that his state visit to the US, aimed at improving bilateral relations, would also require him to teach a lesson or two in the Chinese language to President Obama's beloved daughter Sasha.
WASHINGTON - The US has made clear that the absence of a reference to Beijing's role in South Asia in the latest US-China joint statement did not necessarily reflect a change in policy.
WASHINGTON - Chinese President Hu Jintao has sought to assuage concerns about his country's rising economic and military power but made clear status of Tibet and Taiwan was off limit as US legislators strongly conveyed their concerns over Beijing's trampling of human rights.
- South Korea accepts North’s proposal for military talks
- Unlike Manmohan, Chinese president gets cold reception in US
- State Dinner At White House
- Obama says US welcomes China’s peaceful rise
- Manmohan dinner crashers top Time’s ‘10 Memorable State-Dinner Moments’
- Chinese President arrives in US for state visit
- South Korea calls North’s talks proposal insincere
- Chinese think China-US ties important, survey shows
- Clinton calls for broader relations between US, China
- Ad to show ‘friendly China’ during Hu’s visit to US
- US defence secretary discusses n-arms strategy with China
- US defence chief wants China visit to end ‘misunderstandings’
- UN and China discuss Korean peninsula situation
- Clinton meets China’s foreign minister ahead of Hu visit
- Japan PM might visit China to improve the soured bilateral ties
- 2010: Highlights of India-China ties (To go with ‘Year of taming China dragon’)
- China invites South Africa to join BRIC group
- In China, democracy is only in politburo: WikiLeaks
- Next Chinese leader ‘redder than reds’: Wikileaks
- India-China relations has assumed global, strategic significance
- Rapid economic growth has opened opportunities for India, China: PM
- Hopes of fresh impetus to ties as PM, Wen begin talks (Second Lead)
- Strong India-China ties will lead to long-term peace: PM
- China chooses Taiwan politician for rival ‘peace prize’
- President Obama talks with Chinese President Hu Jintao on Korean Issues
- Obama discusses Koreas with Chinese president
- China seeks six-party talks on Korea; naval drills start (Roundup)
- South Korea asks China to intercede in Korean conflict
- China may match Obama support for India for UN seat
- China, Britain cooperation outweighs competition: Hu Jintao
- Vladimir Putin is cold-blooded, reveals George W Bush in tell-all
- Advani hopes Dalai Lama will be able to return to homeland
- Sonia among top 10 powerful people in world
- Clinton pledges American leadership in Asia
- China for joint efforts with Russia on global challenges