BANGALORE - Pomp, pageantry and patriotic spirit marked the 62nd Republic Day Wednesday in Karnataka as Governor H.R. Bhardwaj hoisted the tricolour and inspected the guard of honour here while urging people to root out corruption.
JAMMU - The BJP Wednesday accused the central and the state governments of "hijacking and abducting" its top leaders to foil the partys Ekta Yatra (integration march).
JAMMU - Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj Wednesday mocked at Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for inviting her and her colleagues to official Republic Day functions after detaining them for trying to hoist the national flag in Srinagar.
SRINAGAR - Authorities clamped down on secessionist leaders and some Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) activists Wednesday when they separately tried to take out marches to Lal Chowk here in defiance of security restrictions on the Republic Day, which passed off peacefully.
CHANDIGARH - Haryanas main opposition party Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) Wednesday sought a judicial probe into a multi-billion-rupee land scandal in the state during the tenure of the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government.
- Pageantry, national spirit mark R-Day fete in Karnataka
- India celebrates 62nd R’Day, military might on show (Roundup)
- BJP activists, separatists held on peaceful R-Day in Kashmir
- March was to defy anti-India elements: Gadkari
- No dearth of talent in northeast India: Tripura governor
- Bengal governor unfurls tricolour at colourful parade
- Gadkari accuses Centre, J-K Govt. of playing politics over tricolour row
- Afghan parliament to be inaugurated amid tight security
- Chandigarh celebrates 62nd Republic Day
- Unite to face challenges, says governor
- Andhra governor asks people to act maturely
- BJP rejects Omar’s invitation to attend Republic Day celebrations
- Maharashtra celebrates 62nd Republic Day
- Uttar Pradesh celebrates R-Day with patriotic zeal
- Mirchpur incident: Jats to call off protest
- Delhi turns into fortress for R’Day
- Defeat fundamentalists, Kashmir says on R’Day
- India showcases military might at 62nd R’Day parade