State Of The Union Address
BOZEMAN, Mont. - Antonin Scalia believes Supreme Court justices are all too often deciding the nation's morals from the bench.
NEW YORK - President Barack Obama's audience of 32.1 million people for his address on the Gulf oil spill is fewer than for some of his other big speeches.
INDIANAPOLIS - U.S. Chief Justice John Roberts said Wednesday that the lack of consensus in many of the Supreme Court's decisions reflects its fundamental inability to strike compromises on laws, as Congress can when writing them.
NEW YORK - The first woman to sit on the nation's highest court said Tuesday she wouldn't be surprised if fewer justices attend State of the Union addresses after President Obama criticized a recent ruling at this year's address.
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - U.S. Chief Justice John Roberts said Tuesday the scene at President Barack Obama's State of the Union address was "very troubling" and the annual speech has "degenerated to a political pep rally." Responding to a University of Alabama law student's question, Roberts said he wonders whether justices should attend the address.
- Obama urges competitiveness in business speech
- Obama admits health care overhaul may die on Hill
- Thomas: Some questioning of Court 'irresponsible'
- Thomas defends Supreme Court's campaign ruling
- List of top 15 cable shows in Nielsen ratings
- Obama to hold bipartisan White House meeting
- CNN's Candy Crowley to lead network's Sunday show
- About 48 million watch Obama's State of the Union
- Obama picked odd time and place to jab high court
- Chris Matthews on Obama: 'I forgot he was black'
- About 48 million watch Obama's speech
- Obama speech fails to break health care logjam
- Chris Matthews on Obama: 'Forgot he was black'
- Obama bucks up Dems on health care
- Justice looks askance as Obama criticizes court
- Gitmo? Mideast? Not in Obama speech
- Obama adds some humor to State of the Union speech
- Clinton misses speech, but not as security holdout
- HUD secretary stays home from Obama speech
- Democratic anger goes public in prime time
- Republicans say nation can't afford Dem policies
- Speech lengths of previous presidents' addresses
- Clinton missing speech but not as security holdout
- Gibbs: Obama acknowledges he's made mistakes
- Heckling lawmaker says no more outbursts Wednesday
- SC gets cash to replace school cited by Obama
- Ft. Hood heroes to be guests at State of the Union
- Obama heads to NH next week
- Hoyer presses for health overhaul, no easy options
- CAPITAL CULTURE: Critics assess Obama's speeches
- Obama to announce aid for middle class
- Source: Obama to skip jury duty in Chicago suburbs
- Obama to skip jury duty in Chicago suburbs
- Axelrod: Obama's State of Union to focus on jobs
- Obama receives custom-made football helmet in Ohio