WASHINGTON/BERLIN - The first details of the illicit publication of US classified diplomatic cables and documents were leaking Saturday on the internet.
BANGALORE - Karnataka Lok Ayukta (ombudsman) N.Santosh Hegde Saturday said that there appears to be a prima facie case in allegations of improper land deals against Chief Minister B. S. Yeddyurappa and has sought his response.
COLOMBO - Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari began a four-day visit to Sri Lanka Saturday, officials said.
NEW DELHI - The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Saturday accused the Congress of being engaged in a cover up operation in Mumbai's Adarsh Cooperative Housing scandal to shield some key people involved in it.
Abu Dhabi, Nov 27 (IANS/WAM) A UAE daily Saturday praised the country's nuclear agreement with Britain, saying it was a "noteworthy event" and shows the "world's confidence in the country for being a progressive and responsible state".
- Kiran Reddy meets Sonia, PM; Congress warns Jagan (Evening Lead)
- Sonia soothes Omar on coalition concerns
- BJP women activists clash with Jammu police
- India opens consulate in Jaffna, launches Northern Railway line
- Jharkhand panchayat polls record 64 percent voting (Third Lead)
- Yeddyurappa, Kumarawamy continue trading allegations
- Buddhadeb lambasts Mamata for making ‘false’ promises
- India lauds SCO’s role in regional security
- US warns Britain, India over new WikiLeaks revelations
- Jharkhand panchayat polls: 50 percent voting in first phase (Second Lead)
- Jagan Reddy in touch with BJP, but to meet Congress leadership
- Sikh delegation meets Pak PM in Lahore, takes up flexible visa issue demand
- Kiran Reddy meets Sonia, PM (Second Lead)
- UN chief of staff meets Myanmar opposition leader
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli
- Indian consulate opens in Jaffna
- ‘Atheist’ Oz PM Gillard urged to use more religious terms in condolence speeches
- Kiran Reddy meets Sonia, PM on cabinet expansion, Jagan
- Sushma scoffs at Congress MPs’ decision to forgo allowance
- Bangladesh opposition calls for strike
- WikiLeaks release may harm ties with India, says US
- India now wary of Tamil issue, says daily (Lead, Superseding earlier story)
- Voters defy Maoists in Jharkhand’s first panchayat polls
- Congress to probe Jagan’s breach of party discipline
- First phase of Jharkhand panchayat polls under way
- Rey Decerega Elbows Barack Obama
- New ‘WikiLeaks revelations’ could damage allies’ relationships, US tells UK
- Andhra’s new chief minister in Delhi to meet Sonia Gandhi
- India, Sri Lanka now understand Tamil ethnic issues: Lankan daily
- President Barack Obama Receives Stitches
- Traffic off road in Jammu to protest Omar’s remarks