SINGAPORE - Amid a visa row with China, India has underlined that a conflicted or contest-ridden relationship cannot help the two countries and called for a transparent dialogue to ensure peace and stability in the region.
SINGAPORE - Myanmar democracy icon Aung San Suu Kyi said she wanted to act as a facilitator for an international network to promote democracy in her military-ruled country, a Singapore news report said Thursday.
SINGAPORE - Singapore said Wednesday it will continue a ban on 100 websites, rejecting a recommendation from a government-appointed panel to scrap Internet restrictions.
SINGAPORE - A government-appointed panel urged Singapore to lift a ban on websites Wednesday, saying that Internet filters are a better way of protecting children from "objectionable content." Singapore is known for its restrictions on public speech, which the government says are necessary to maintain political stability in the multiethnic, multi-religious city-state.
SINGAPORE - "Borrow me $5 can?" may not be the most graceful way to ask for a few dollars, but it's music to the ears of many Singaporeans.
- FIFA probes alleged North Korea player punishment
- Flame for inaugural Youth Olympics lit
- North Korean defiance obstacle to effective sanctions: US
- Gates prods China on NKorea, military ties to US
- Proliferation networks pose threat to India: Menon
- US rebukes China for suspending military ties
- Gates: Ship sinking reveals no hole in US forces
- Gates accuses NKorea of reckless aggression
- SKorea seeks UN action against NKorea over ship
- SKorea refers North to Security Council over ship
- US commander: No sign of another NKorean attack
- Gates: Chinese military reluctant for better ties
- Oil rebounds to above $77 on European loan package
- US official: Iran military strike 'off the table'
- Singapore: Filipinos Casts Vote
- Ahead of China visit, Krishna airs concerns over border
- Singapore warns of terror threat in Malacca Strait