BAGHDAD - Iraq Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki will remain the country's Prime Minister for a second term, thanks to leaders reaching a tentative agreement late Wednesday night to create a unity government embracing the country's major ethnic and religious factions, ending an eight-month political impasse.
WASHINGTON - In another White House shake up, President Barack Obama on Friday announced that his national security adviser, Gen.
BAGHDAD - Iraqi political leaders took a step closer Friday to unsnarling the nation's seven-month political gridlock, according to a key Kurdish negotiator who cited a tentative deal that would keep Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki in power.
ISTANBUL - Maniac, terrorist, baby-killer, traitor.
WASHINGTON - Supreme Court justices on Wednesday pondered the vexing question of whether the father of a dead Marine should win his lawsuit against a fundamentalist church group that picketed his son's funeral.
- DC offers embassy evenings of musical diplomacy
- Syrian leader: Mideast talks only to help Obama
- Kurdish official: lawmakers to discuss al-Maliki
- Oman mediators in Iran to seek release of 2 US men
- UK Labour chief Ed Miliband lays out comeback plan
- Iraq: US should help break government deadlock
- Fortified border: Iraq on guard against Iran
- US unable to document any payments for Abu Ghraib
- PROMISES, PROMISES: No amends yet for Abu Ghraib?
- IED beams Added to U.S. Joint Forces ‘will change the face of this war’
- Iraqi leader sends envoys to exiled cleric in Iran
- Afghan president calls for release of journalists
- Group of Iraqis deported from Europe return home
- Gates: Surge seems to be working in Afghanistan
- Iraq approves settlement for Saddam's US victims
- Freed American stays out of spotlight in Oman
- Marine's defense lawyer excused from Haditha case'
- US, Iraq sign deal to settle Saddam-era claims
- Army major honors fallen soldiers with run on 9/11
- Colbert, VP Biden fete troops with hot dogs, beer
- AP Exclusive: Colbert, VP Biden fete US troops
- Iraqi soldier fires on US troops, kills 2
- Female, single, over 30: Iraqis count cost of war
- Ex-UK military chief says Blair underfunded army
- US military chief seeks Turkish support over Iran
- Top US commander discusses Iraq with Turkey
- Report: Blackwater created shell companies
- US moves into final military phase in Iraq
- US changes military commanders in Iraq
- Extracts from Tony Blair's new memoir 'A Journey'
- US enters final phase of Iraq war
- Presidential Address Makes GOP See Red
- "Tony Blair: I cried for Iraq war victims"
- President Barack Obama’s Speech Creates Sensation
- Troops, families glad to hear end to Iraq combat