KABUL, Afghanistan - Calling the meeting a "source of hope" for the Afghan people, President Hamid Karzai on Thursday hosted the inaugural session of a new peace council set up to guide efforts to reconcile with the Taliban and other insurgent groups.
GENEVA - International Olympic Committee president Jacques Rogge hopes the inaugural Youth Olympic Games will teach young athletes to embrace fair play and reject doping, racism and corruption.
BOGOTA, Colombia - Juan Manuel Santos, sworn in Saturday as Colombia's 59th president, vowed to cement security gains but declared himself open to dialogue with rebels in hopes of ending the Western Hemisphere's only armed conflict.
BOGOTA, Colombia - Juan Manuel Santos was sworn in Saturday as the 59th president of Colombia, which despite major security gains remains the Western Hemisphere's only nation beset by a politically based armed conflict.
BOGOTA, Colombia - Juan Manuel Santos has been sworn in as the 59th president of Colombia - the Western Hemisphere's only nation beset by an armed conflict.
- Chavez: foreign minister headed to Colombia
- Chavez optimistic on Silva's help in Colombia spat
- Flame for inaugural Youth Olympics lit
- Chavez warns Colombia he could break off relations
- Kyrgyzstan swears in caretaker president
- Benigno Aquino III sworn in as Philippine leader
- US defends attending Sudan leader's inauguration
- Hezbollah promotes itself through 'jihadi tourism'
- Costa Rica inaugurates new President Chinchilla
- New Orleans' new mayor sworn in, Nagin steps down
- Ohio woman who saw Obama inauguration dies at 106
- Michelle Obama donates ball gown to Smithsonian
- Mrs. Obama to donate inaugural gown to Smithsonian
- Uruguay inaugurates ex-rebel leader as president
- Viktor Yanukovych inaugurated as Ukraine president
- Flag from Mandela inauguration returning to SA
- Yanukovych's inaugeration in Ukraine to be Feb. 25
- Yanukovych's presidential inauguration on Feb. 25
- SA flag from Mandela's inauguration up for auction
- Michelle Obama wax figure unveiled at NYC museum
- El Salvador to recognize Honduras' new government
- CAPITAL CULTURE: Critics assess Obama's speeches
- Honduras interim leader leaves, cabinet in charge
- One year in, hope harder to come by, Obama finds
- New Republican governor takes office in NJ
- Ruhr inaugurated as European Capital of Culture
- Va. gov-elect: Inauguration to be about frugality
- NYC mayor: 3rd term a 'special opportunity'
- NYC mayor calls 3rd term a 'special opportunity'
- NYC mayor to give inauguration speech for 3rd term
- Report: Campaign finance laws full of loopholes
- Timeline of White House access and security
- AP Exclusive: Obama aunt anguished by separation
- White House: State dinner crashers met Obama
- Secret Service: officers didn't verify crashers