DENVER - A conservative Republican trying to unseat a rookie Democratic senator in Colorado is scrambling to explain his position on abortion in light of a ballot proposal to outlaw the procedure.
ISTANBUL - Turks approved sweeping changes to their military-era constitution Sunday - a referendum hailed by the government as a leap toward full democracy in line with its troubled bid to join the European Union.
ISTANBUL - Turks voted Sunday on whether to amend a military-era constitution in what the government says is a key step toward EU-style democracy, despite opposition claims that the proposed reforms would shackle the independence of the courts.
SAN FRANCISCO - California's highest court on Wednesday refused to order Gov.
SAN FRANCISCO - California's governor does not have the legal duty to appeal the recent ruling that overturned the state's same-sex marriage ban, a lawyer for Gov.
- Sri Lanka removes 2-term limit for presidency
- Sri Lanka debates ending term limits for president
- Florida pastor has legal right to burn Qurans
- 'Birth tourism' a tiny portion of immigrant babies
- Court won't force Calif officials to defend Prop 8
- SPIN METER: GOP hot, cold on Constitution
- Calif. gays must wait to wed during Prop 8 appeal
- Court halts Calif. gay marriages pending appeal
- Brown, couples urge speedy return to gay marriages
- Gay couples ask appeals court to allow weddings
- Brown urges speedy return to gay marriages
- Calif. AG ask appeals court to allow weddings
- McCain says he doesn't back 14th Amendment change
- Judge doubts gay marriage ban's backers can appeal
- Judge keeps gay marriages in California on hold
- Judge to rule on stay Thursday in Prop. 8 case
- Schwarzenegger: Let same-sex weddings resume now
- Schwarzenegger calls for same-sex weddings
- Judge in gay marriage case subject to speculation
- Federal judge strikes down Calif. gay marriage ban
- Republicans want review of birthright citizenship
- Measure for 1st Ore. non-tribal casino falls short
- Turkey gears up for referendum
- Nigeria presidential poll likely held in January
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds gay marriage ban
- Turkish lawmakers pass constitutional amendments
- Egyptian police beat anti-government protesters
- Okla. tea parties and lawmakers envision militia
- Egypt opposition figure urges election boycott
- Pakistan lawmakers vote to curb president powers
- Egypt police violently disperse pro-reform protest
- Pakistani lawmakers consider weakening presidency
- Pakistani lawmakers take up presidential reforms
- Pakistani lawmakers target presidential powers
- Ex-UN nuclear chief: change in Egypt is inevitable