WASHINGTON - US President Barack Obama's former chief of staff Rahm Emanuel has won the mayoral election in his home town Chicago over five other challengers, topping the 50 percent threshold to avoid a runoff vote.
WASHINGTON - US President Barack Obama and other American dignitaries celebrated the life of late diplomat Richard Holbrooke Friday, honouring his endless determination to make the world a better place.
WASHINGTON - US President Barack Obama named William Daley as his new chief of staff Thursday, picking a fellow Chicago native and veteran political operative who has served Democratic Party stalwarts but also has strong ties to the business community.
WASHINGTON (GaeaTimes.com)- Veteran US Diplomat Richard Holbrooke passed away at George Washington Hospital owing to his complications after his heart surgery.
NEW YORK - UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon Tuesday praised veteran US diplomat Richard Holbrooke as a "giant and legend in his time".
- Clinton’s Hyderabad visit was to ‘attend nature’s call’: Rosaiah
- Bush defends Iraq invasion
- Nervous groom meets reluctant bride: WSJ on US-India ties
- President Obama arrives in Delhi, PM sets aside protocol to receive him
- Manmohan Singh, wife to receive Obamas’ at Delhi airport
- Obama’s India visit significant, a signal to China: Expert
- Obama on mission to sell more to India, create US jobs (Second Lead)
- $200 million-a-day cost for India trip ‘wildly inflated’: White House
- Obama embarks on a sales trip to India
- When John Key addressed Hillary Clinton as President
- Democrats lose House, cling to Senate, Nikki Haley wins (Roundup)
- Obama’s Democrats lose House, hold on to Senate (Third Lead)
- Republicans take House in landslide, Democrats hold Senate (Second Lead)
- Obama’s Democrats facing debacle in Congress elections
- In defeat, Obama may follow Bill Clinton
- Obama visit to India: past as reminder for future (Comment)
- Republicans appear poised to win big in US poll
- CPI-M not to boycott Obama speech
- Obama visit sixth by US president in over 50 years
- Change in Left’s ‘olden’ perception towards Obama?
- US says no to Kashmir meddling, welcomes India’s CSC plan (Roundup)
- Obama visit: US rebuffs Pakistan’s bid to globalise Kashmir
- Sen. Murray’s Campaign boosted up by Former President Bill Clinton
- Hillary Clinton excited about Obama trip to India
- Obama visit will see ‘full range’ of strategic partnership
- National security shuffle: Jones out, Donilon in
- POLITICAL INSIDER: Conservative group airs ads
- Democratic Sen. Lincoln uses Clinton in Ark. ad
- Michelle Obama to stump for Blumenthal in Conn.
- Obama’s India visit: No major game changer expected
- Democrat Caprio has $1M in bank in RI gov's race
- Bill Clinton: Mideast peace would undercut terror
- Richardson's shadow looms in hard-fought NM race
- Parker, Spitzer aim for ideological center on TV
- Challenger slams Texas gov over campaign donors