AGARTALA - The ruling Left Front in Tripura Sunday won handsomely in local self-government elections, bagging a majority in 470 of the 527 village committees.
AGARTALA - Around 85 percent voter turnout was recorded Thursday in elections to the 527 village committees under the Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council (TTAADC), election officials said.
AGARTALA - A parliamentary team Wednesday said it will suggest the name of Unakoti, a seventh century pilgrim spot in Tripura, as a world heritage site and also pointed out that improved infrastructure could make the state the gateway to India's northeast.
AGARTALA - Villagers in Tripura's border areas affected by the fencing work along the India-Bangladesh frontier continued their relay hunger strike for the 11th day Saturday.
AGARTALA - Agartala Municipal Council chairperson and a leading intellectual of northeastern India Sankar Das died in New Delhi Thursday.
- Soldiers and troopers for head count in census phase-2
- Tripura residents affected by fencing continue strike
- Tripura asks for repatriation of tribals, Mizoram cites fund crisis
- Northeast borders need priority in security, say chief ministers
- CPI-M fears terror spurt before Tripura local bodies polls
- Roads along China border get top priority: Tripura chief minister
- No dearth of talent in northeast India: Tripura governor
- Declare financial emergency in Tripura, demands Congress
- Karnataka chief minister must quit, says Karat
- UPA ignoring Trinamool-Maoist alliance, says Karat
- Successive shutdowns disrupt life in northeast
- Left Front will survive conspiracy in Bengal: Karat
- Jolt for Tripura’s ruling Left Front in civic polls
- 90 percent turnout in Tripura civic polls
- In Tripura civic polls, parties pledge for green cause
- Tripura Congress dissidents revolt ahead of civic polls
- Prominent Tripura tribal leader dead
- We can’t forget Indians’ sacrifices for us: Bangladesh minister
- Border settlement key issue between India, Bangladesh: Envoy
- No salary hike for ‘poorly paid’ Tripura legislators
- Tripura top among Indian states in many sectors: CPI-M
- Left will not be ruling any state in 2013, claims Congress
- Rallies planned in New Delhi demanding autonomous states
- Tripura to hold polls with 50 percent quota for women
- UPA government ignoring ‘aam aadmi’: Brinda Karat
- Now, Sarkar refuses to wear gown at convocation
- ‘Better connectivity of northeast India with rest of world is crucial’
- ‘Treat president as common woman, make no special arrangements’
- BJP Mahila Morcha lashes out at northeast governments
- Veteran Tripura Congress leader dead
- India building memorial for Bangladesh war heroes
- I have no relation with Trinamool Congress : Kabir Suman
- President to visit Tripura, Mizoram next month
- Refugee numbers may spoil Tripura-Mizoram talks
- Tripura provides more power to tribal council