NEW DELHI - India and Japan are set to sign a landmark free trade area pact next month and are inching closer to concluding a civil nuclear cooperation pact soon, Japan's ambassador to India Hideaki Domichi said here Monday.
NEW DELHI - Former Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama, who is on a brief visit to India, met Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit here on Sunday.
BEIJING - Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan is reportedly considering a visit to China next spring with the intention of improving the soured bi-lateral ties.
NEW YORK - Restaurants are clearing space for world leaders and their entourages, the Waldorf-Astoria is fluffing the pillows in the presidential suite and people who live on Manhattan's East Side are just hoping to get into their buildings without a police escort.
TOKYO - A Japanese ruling party veteran confirmed Tuesday he will run in an internal party election next month, mounting a challenge to a prime minister who has been in office less than three months.
- Japan’s premier challenged in ruling party leadership race
- Japan’s ruling coalition to fall short of majority
- Exit polls: Japan's ruling party loses seats
- India, Japan to boost counter-terror operations
- India, Japan to hold strategic talks, n-deal on agenda
- From TV to politics, Japanese woman blazes a trail
- Afghan president seeks support on Japan visit
- Japanese minister resigns over postal reform bill
- Silver lining in Japan's revolving door leadership
- Japan's new 'grass-roots' PM names Cabinet
- New Japan PM names familar Cabinet
- Japan's new PM says he'll honor base deal with US
- New Japan government names familar Cabinet
- New Japan PM affirms US ties in call with Obama
- Obama calls on Japan’s new PM
- Obama congratulates new Japanese leader
- Obama welcomes Kan as new Japanese prime minister
- Naoto Kan chosen Japan’s new PM
- Japan’s Finance Minister takes over as PM
- Kan likely to be next Japan PM
- Finance chief Kan elected Japan ruling party head
- Japan cabinet resigns en masse, party election begins
- Finance chief Kan seen as Japan's likely next PM
- Japan's prime minister steps down over US base row
- Japan finance minister to run to succeed Hatoyama
- Japan scrambles for new leader after resignation
- A look at Japan's recent prime ministers
- Japanese PM resigns amid plunging approval ratings
- Japan PM Hatoyama to step down
- Japanese Prime Minister announces resignation
- Japan's prime minister steps down over base row
- Report: Japan prime minister to step down
- Japanese leader faces mounting calls to step down
- Polls: Support for Japanese PM falls to 17 percent
- Japanese party walks out of government over Okinawa base