HYDERABAD - Three people were killed, scores were injured and several houses were destroyed Monday when police opened fire against villagers protesting an under construction thermal power plant in Andhra Pradesh.
BANGALORE - Use of compact fluorescent lamp (CFL) bulbs in all households in Karnataka may be made mandatory as part of measures to reduce power consumption, state energy minister Shobha Karandlaje said Monday.
KOLKATA - West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Saturday allegedly violated the ban on using microphones in open spaces due to the ongoing secondary examinations in the state.
Abu Dhabi, Feb 25 (IANS/WAM) Nuclear cooperation between the US and the United Arab Emirates aims to ultimately mitigate carbon pollution, a senior American official has said.
NEW DELHI - Environment ministers from BASIC countries - Brazil, South Africa, India and China - will meet in the capital from Saturday to assess the post-Cancun climate change policy and discuss coordination for talks in Durban conference in December 2011.
- PM’s council approves Green India Mission
- Case against Trinamool for noise pollution
- Strike balance between environment, development: Patil
- Protests against mining trucks in Goa
- Court pulls up Gujarat government on land sale
- Patnaik welcomes clearance for Posco project
- Saudi Arabia captures ‘Israeli spy’ vulture
- Jammu governor’s house gets solar-powered cars
- Jairam’s letter on lobbying MPs sent to parliament’s ethics panel
- Chennai eco park’s opening by PM gets red signal
- Jaitapur nuclear plant issue being politicised: Ramesh
- Reassess green clearance to Jaitapur n-plant, says BJP
- Queen under fire for wearing fur hat
- Sweden eyes environmental cooperation with UAE
- Himachal villagers to boycott panchayat polls
- Patkar joins Bihar farmers opposing asbestos unit
- Dalai Lama on Wikileak - focus on climate not politics in Tibet
- India, China agree to continue cooperation on climate change
- Merkel praises Jairam Ramesh’s role at Cancun
- No commitments in Cancun Agreement, India’s interests ‘protected’ (Second Lead)
- Environment groups welcome climate deal
- Russia to pull out of Kyoto deal
- China opposes Taiwan’s role in UN climate talks
- India at Cancun: What are political leaders saying?
- Political parties slam Ramesh on binding commitments
- Environmental groups critcise Ramesh on binding commitments
- Bad weather cuts short Rahul’s Orissa trip
- India under fire as climate talks deadlocked
- Environmentalists propose a ‘Himalaya Day’
- Orissa probes if chopper flew over tiger reserve
- In Tripura civic polls, parties pledge for green cause
- India to play ‘bridge’ role at Cancun: Jairam Ramesh
- Jai Jairam, says Shiv Sena
- WWF issues appeal as tiger summit starts
- Railways not responsible for elephant deaths: Mamata