PRETORIA - The South African government has tried to allay people's fears about former president Nelson Mandela's health, saying medically there is no need to panic.
JOHANNESBURG - South African police say they fired rubber bullets to scatter protesters who torched a police vehicle outside an informal settlement in Johannesburg.
JOHANNESBURG - The kingdom of Swaziland says its prime minister is receiving an award for "contributions to humankind" on Saturday, but the group apparently bestowing the honor appears to be little more than a Florida phone number and website.
PRETORIA, South Africa - When the Mohau children's home opened in 1997, orphans with AIDS died every other day.
JOHANNESBURG - South Africa's president on Monday slammed his party's youth league, warning the African National Congress will take stern action against ill-disciplined members.
- Charles Taylor's lawyer wants evidence from Mbeki
- SAfrican teen killed by police bullet at protest
- S. Africa's Zuma assures media on press freedoms
- Peace Corps volunteer in Lesotho killed
- Unions suspend South African civil service strike
- Gunmen fire on plane carrying aid workers in Congo
- South African president steps in to end strikes
- Rwanda threatens to withdraw peacekeepers
- UN: Attacks on Hutus in 1990s could be genocide
- UN: Rwandan attacks on Hutus could be genocide
- South African labor leader: Mandela home bugged
- South African police ordered not to join strike
- AIDS patients hurt by South African strike
- Gordimer: free expression threatened in S.Africa
- 4 executed in Equatorial Guinea coup plot
- Army medics help hospitals during S.African strike
- Civil servants' union calls strike in South Africa
- Norway pledges to work for reform in Swaziland
- South Africa ruling party proposes media tribunal
- South Africa recalls Rwanda diplomat
- Author Dorfman says ex-enemies must show remorse
- South Africa's president launches shantytown plan
- South Africa's Tutu to retire from public life
- SAfrica's World Cup legacy: Higher ticket prices
- South Africans mark Mandela's birthday
- South Africa's ruling party to mark Mandela Day
- SAfrica's Olympic committee says will bid for 2020
- Australia 2022 bid ethics to be cleared by FIFA
- Racial harmony? Not yet, but SAfrica makes strides
- Germany's Merkel, S.African president meet
- Protests at seizure of German-owned Zimbabwe farm
- S.Africa's ex-top cop found guilty of corruption
- World Cup Today
- Police chief not ruling out Mandela appearance
- Group slams E.Guinea leader's sweeping reform plan