Rebellions And Revolutions
MINSK, Belarus - Kyrgyzstan's ousted president was in exile in Belarus on Tuesday, as the interim authorities controlling the Kyrgyz capital warned he would be imprisoned if he tried to return to the Central Asian country.
MANILA, Philippines - Communist rebels opened fire on a police patrol on a mountain road east of the Philippine capital Tuesday, killing four officers and wounding five in the latest clash in a decades-old insurgency.
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - The deposed president of Kyrgyzstan left Kazakhstan on Monday, ending four days of refuge in the country after he was driven from power in a violent uprising, a Kazakh official said.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Cuban writer and political activist Carlos Franqui, an important figure in the Cuban revolution who later became one of the most outspoken critics of Fidel Castro, has died.
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - A top official in Kyrgyzstan's interim government told The Associated Press on Saturday that a U.S.
- New Kyrgyz leaders vow to prosecute ex-president
- Cuban academic says corruption island's big threat
- India says it will push on with Maoist offensive
- Maoist rebels kill 76 soldiers in eastern India
- Maoist rebels kill 75 troops in eastern India
- Maoist rebels kill 67 troops in eastern India
- Maoist rebels kill 60 troops in eastern India
- Maoist rebels kill 40 troops in eastern India
- Uganda gov't says it will compensate rebel victims
- Kyrgyz revolution leaves legacy of oppression
- Donors conference raises $850 million for Darfur
- Donors conference seeks $2 billion for Darfur
- Sudan and Darfur rebel group sign cease-fire
- Colo.'s political parties see caucus rebellion
- Pink Everest: Nepal appeals for gay tourists
- Fighting in Darfur threatens new truce
- Sudan and Darfur rebel group sign key truce
- Darfur truce signed, paving way for peace talks
- Maoist rebel offers ceasefire, talks with India
- Darfur truce could pave way for peace
- Niger soldiers go on state TV to confirm coup
- Impasse feared in Philippine talks with rebels
- Maoist rebels kill 24 police in eastern India
- Rebels kill 21 policemen in eastern India
- Yemen accuses rebels of violating truce
- Palin tells 'tea party': It's revolution time
- Venezuelan police break up anti-Chavez protest
- Yemen rejects rebels' cease-fire offer
- Yemeni rebel leader accepts cease-fire conditions
- Ukraine's final presidential ballot could be close
- Suspected rebels kill 6 police, driver in India
- Attack on police station in Indian Kashmir kills 2
- Attack on police station in Indian Kashmir kills 1
- 2 former UK govt ministers challenge Gordon Brown
- AP Interview: Shah's son wants UN probe in Iran