TOKYO - A court official says veteran Japanese lawmaker and powerbroker Ichiro Ozawa will be indicted over a political funding scandal.
SAO PAULO - A former Marxist guerrilla chosen by Brazil's beloved leader to succeed him will face a centrist rival in a presidential runoff after failing to get enough votes to win Sunday's election outright, according to official results.
SAO PAULO - A one-time Marxist guerrilla chosen by Brazil's beloved leader to succeed him took a wide lead in Sunday's presidential election, but a second-round vote seemed inevitable, said top officials within the government and the ruling party.
SAO PAULO - A one-time Marxist guerrilla chosen by Brazil's most popular leader in history to succeed him took a wide lead in Sunday's presidential election, but a second-round vote was possible, a TV network's exit poll indicated Sunday.
- Brazil TV exit poll shows Rousseff with wide lead
- Whitman bid rocked by maid's immigration status
- La. Dem's ad seeks to revive Vitter scandals
- Former Alaska senator buried at Arlington
- Convicted ex-Ill. Gov. Blagojevich to talk trust
- Japanese PM wins party vote, will stay in power
- Japan leadership duel nears vote amid China spat
- Detroit mayor's nominee to police board withdraws
- Japan political veteran says he'll vie for PM job
- W.Va., La. voters go to polls for Senate primaries
- Despite scandals, Vitter the La. primary favorite
- Ex-congressman gets another chance for Ohio ballot
- Former Ill. Rep. Dan Rostenkowski dies at 82
- Colo. GOP voters face gubernatorial primary choice
- Berlusconi wins censure motion
- Italy's Berlusconi faces showdown with ex-ally
- Berlusconi's political future uncertain
- Police question French minister in L'Oreal affair
- Democrats face unsavory choices in Rangel case
- Unwelcome surprise for GOP senator: a challenger
- Estranged aide to John Edwards reaches movie deal
- Iraq's artists reflect pain, trauma of the war
- Troubled treasurer of Sarkozy's party to resign
- Edwards mistress seeks profits from tell-all book
- French probe allegations of secret Sarkozy funding
- Sarkozy lashes out at 'smear' campaign in France
- Convicted Hartford mayor submits resignation
- Rand Paul on Ky. gov's troubles: Pardon yourself
- Do SC elections hint at change or good timing?
- Hartford mayor to submit resignation Friday
- Hartford, Conn., mayor convicted of corruption
- Haley weathers tryst accusations in SC gov race
- Voters to pick Senate challengers for Reid, Boxer
- Voters choose fall matchups, decide Lincoln's fate
- New Japan PM affirms US ties in call with Obama