WASHINGTON - Struggling to build a firewall against a Republican takeover, congressional Democrats are pouring money into roughly two dozen tight races around the country in the campaign's closing weeks while pulling it back from others where their chances seem slimmer.
MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. - A New Jersey Republican congressional candidate criticized his Democratic opponent Friday amid mounting evidence that Democratic officials planted a tea party candidate in the race to siphon off conservative votes.
MILFORD, Conn. - Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown is scheduled to campaign in Connecticut for fellow Republican Linda McMahon in a closely watched U.S.
CHICAGO - With only weeks left in the campaign, some staggering Democrats have jumped back into contention in congressional and gubernatorial races around the country, giving the party glimmers of hope that Election Day won't also be doomsday.
CHICAGO - Battling to keep his old Senate seat out of GOP hands, President Barack Obama on Thursday recalled the joy that swept his hometown backers on election night two years ago and said the "mission" he began that night is at stake in the coming midterm vote.
- Obama fires up Dems in Maryland, Chicago
- Top Nevada GOP lawmaker endorses Reid
- Obama tries to fire up Maryland Democrats
- Mass. gov. hopeful alleges GOP dirty tricks
- Minn. GOP chairman's 'quisling' remark draws fire
- Biden: Walker skating by with GOP talking points
- GOP pulling W.Va. Senate ad with 'hicky' actors
- 'Hicky look' sought for GOP's W.Va. Senate ad
- Obama to stump for Dems in Maryland and Illinois
- GOP allies make Colo. a top target
- Colo. GOP gubernatorial hopeful not budging
- Ad links GOP Pa. Senate hopeful to Santorum, Palin
- Gingrich brands Democrats 'party of food stamps'
- Obama heads to Jersey to raise dollars for Dems
- NH Dem criticizes GOP Senate foe on health care
- First lady to Dems: Don't stay home from polls
- Kyrgyz mob storms party headquarters ahead of vote
- Kaine optimistic about Dems prospects in November
- POLITICAL INSIDER: Lou Holtz pitches GOP
- GOP hopeful outraised Dem Ohio governor last month
- Ad hits Mo. GOP Senate pick on children's issues
- Greene calls on SC Democrats' chief to resign
- AP source: Obama to campaign for Dem Mass. gov
- Poll: Dem leads Republican in open Del. House seat
- NY GOP governor hopeful insists he's kind, gentle
- GOP-allied group to spend $4 million in 8 states
- Survey: Latinos still strongly support Democrats
- National Democrats go after Chafee's RI tax plan
- Myanmar's Suu Kyi sues to keep her party intact
- NJ governor rallies fellow Republicans in Iowa
- Vt. police release video of Dem, not Republican
- Pa. Dem. running for governor opens attack website
- Biden stumps for Dem incumbent in Ohio gov race
- Nevada GOP Senate nominee trashes party on tape
- Officials from 5 states fight unlimited spending