PARIS - French Foreign Minister Michele Alliot-Marie has defended her track record, saying that she was the victim of a media campaign as she announced her resignation.
PARIS - European countries should adopt a "common strategy" on issues related to violence-hit Libya, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said in an address on national television.
TUNIS/PARIS - Tunisian Prime Minister Mohammed Ghannouchi, who heads the transitional government, announced his resignation Sunday amid renewed violent protests in the North African country.
PARIS - The French foreign ministry has announced that it has closed its embassy in Libya and ceased all diplomatic activities in the unrest-beset north African country until further notice.
PARIS - France has placed all bank accounts belonging to Libyan leader Muammer Gaddafi and members of his inner circle under surveillance, the finance ministry department responsible for money laundering said Saturday.
- First Algeria protests since lifting of emergency law
- Obama, Sarkozy call for end to violence in Libya
- Algeria lifts state of emergency
- Tunis demands extradition of former president Ben Ali
- Thousands protest against interim government in Tunisia
- Algerian police clamp down on pro-democracy protest
- Demonstrators gather for pro-democracy marches in Algeria
- Multiculturalism has failed: Nicolas Sarkozy
- Sarkozy orders officials to “prioritize France” for vacations after PM’s Egypt idyll
- Four killed in clashes in Tunisia
- European leaders call for Egypt transition to ’start now’
- New government is ‘clean’, says Tunisian PM
- ‘Ben Ali’s wife picked up 1.5 tonnes of gold before fleeing’
- Violence, chaos continue in Tunisian capital
- Gunfire in Tunisian capital after interim president sworn in
- Tunisia’s head of parliament named interim president
- Assange named ‘Man of the Year’ by Le Monde
- Defence, n-power, business to dominate Sarkozy visit
- Defence, n-power will dominate Sarkozy’s India visit
- WikiLeaks ultimate degree of irresponsibility: Sarkozy
- France condemns WikiLeaks publication
- Iraqi president not to sign death order for Saddam’s aide
- French prime minister resigns ahead of reshuffle
- The most hated man in France? (France Diary)
- French protests continue against pension reform plan
- French Strike Reaches A Crescendo
- French Strike Intensifies As More Workers Join
- French minister defends bill on losing citizenship
- Abbas to meet Sarkozy as settlement moratorium expires
- Palestinian leader meets with Jewish intellectuals
- France hits back at criticism on Gypsy roundups
- Sarkozy's office hits back at criticism on Gypsies
- Sarkozy aides enlisted spies to stop press leaks: Report
- Iranian consular official in Finland defects
- EU Parliament criticizes France on Roma treatment