SEOUL - South Korean Defence Minister Kim Tae Young resigned Thursday, accepting responsibility for the country's criticized response to North Korea's bombardment of one of its islands, news reports said.
NEW YORK - Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin did it again.
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korean leader Kim Jong Il marked the "Day of the Sun" - the anniversary of his late father's birth 98 years ago Thursday - by promoting 100 loyal generals while Pyongyang residents watched a "kaleidoscope" of fireworks, state media said.
4:36 P.M. EDT THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon, everybody. We have just concluded an enormously productive day. I said this morning that today would be an opportunity for our nations, both individually and collectively, to make concrete commitments and take tangible steps to secure nuclear materials so they never fall into the hands of terrorists who would surely use them. This evening, I can report that we have seized this opportunity, and because of the steps we’ve taken -- as individual nations and as an international community -- the American people will be safer and the world will be more secure.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama, wrapping up a 47-nation nuclear security summit, said Tuesday he is confident China will join other nations in pressing for tough new sanctions on Iran for continuing to defy the international community in seeking nuclear weapons.
- Obama: China following through on Iran penalties
- SKorea to host next nuclear summit
- NKorea warns SKorea over anti-Pyongayng leaflets
- Iran derides Obama's "cowboy" nuclear stance
- Asian allies welcome new US nuclear stance
- NKorea sentences US man to 8 years of hard labor
- Lawmaker: Kim may visit China in late April
- Report: NKorean leader could delay trip to China
- Reports: NKorean train arrives in China
- Report: NKorean special train arrives in China
- Russia implements North Korea sanctions
- SKorea: Mine from NKorea may have sunk naval ship
- Divers reach SKorean ship, find no sign of life
- Carter: US, SKorea must talk directly with NKorea
- NKorea vows to bolster nuclear deterrent
- South Africa reports NKorea sanctions violation
- China, North Korea vow to deepen ties
- We won’t give up n-weapons for aid, asserts North Korea
- NKorea vows to bolster nuclear force as deterrent
- UN: Time needed to resume NKorea nuclear talks
- Reports: NKorea's nuclear envoy seeks to visit US
- North Korea ‘not eager’ to resume talks: UN envoy
- Report: NKorea's top nuclear envoy to visit US
- South Korea, Japan for nuclear talks with North Korea
- UN envoy meets with NKorea's No. 2 official
- SKorea, Japan press NKorea to rejoin nuclear talks
- UN envoy in North Korea to spur nuke talks
- UN envoy arrives in North Korea to spur nuke talks
- North Korea committed to denuclearisation, Kim tells China
- NKorea's Kim Jong Il sends nuclear envoy to China
- Report: NKorea's Kim reiterates disarmament pledge
- Chinese envoy arrives in North Korea
- Report: Chinese envoy leaves for North Korea
- Report: Chinese envoy to visit North Korea
- US official: NKorea must return to nuke talks