ISTANBUL - Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan Tuesday called on the Egyptian leadership to ensure a democratic solution to the political unrest, the semi-official Anatolia Agency reported.
WASHINGTON - The US ambassador in Cairo has spoken to Egyptian opposition figure Mohammed ElBaradei to convey support for an orderly transition to democracy in Egypt, the US State Department said Tuesday.
CAIRO - Tens of thousands of protesters gathered in Cairo's Tahrir Square Tuesday and many more were streaming in to participate in the march of a million as the movement to end Hosni Mubarak's 30-year rule as president gained momentum across Egypt.
CAIRO - Thousands of defiant protesters began to pour into Cairo Tuesday to participate in the march of a million to secure ouster of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak who has ruled them for nearly 30 years.
CAIRO - As protesters gathered for a million people march Tuesday, intensifying their agitation against Hosni Mubarak's 30-year rule, the Egyptian president asked the newly appointed vice president to hold talks with the opposition.
- Turkey calls for peace in Egypt
- New Zealand joins calls for regime change in Egypt
- Egyptian protesters find support among Yemenis
- What Is Happening In Egypt: Asks Stunned World!
- Remarks by the President on the Situation in Egypt
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, 1/28/2011
- Egypt under curfew as protests continue