WASHINGTON - Nearly a year after a shooting rampage at Fort Hood, Texas, the Pentagon is taking new steps to beef up security and surveillance programs at its bases, and will join an FBI intelligence-sharing program aimed at identifying future terror threats, U.S.
HONOLULU - Two historic Oahu military bases have formally merged.
TOKMOK, Kyrgyzstan - Softly singing along to the wistful strains of Ethiopian music, Haymanot Tesgaye and his friends are transported back to their homeland in Africa, far from this Central Asian nation where they have been stranded for two decades.
GENEVA - U.S. Deputy Secretary of State James Steinberg says Washington would prefer to keep its military base on the southern Japanese island of Okinawa despite local opposition.
- Army: Ex-soldier takes 3 hospital workers hostage
- Head of US Strategic Command says he's retiring
- Condoleezza Rice wins Air Force Academy award
- Army medics help hospitals during S.African strike
- Gitmo trial delayed due to attorney's illness
- Prosecutors: Gitmo inmate took pride in slaying
- New CentCom chief vows to work with Mideast allies
- Pulses quicken as fighters track 'hijacked' plane
- NORAD, Russia say hijack exercise was success
- Colombia, Venezuela to restore diplomatic ties
- Sgt. faces court-martial for Ohio sex allegations
- Chief master sgt. in Ohio to face court martial
- Military working dog on the mend from PTSD
- NORAD, Russia to test hijack response
- AZ, FL, UT, VT to get Air Force's new F-35 fighter
- Colo. F-16 lands safely after emergency in flight
- Air Force test-launches missile from Calif. base
- Armed man, gunshot sounds cause NJ base lockdown
- NJ Navy base lockdown lifted after one hour
- NJ naval base locked down; spokesman won't say why
- Alert issued for Afghans gone AWOL from Texas base
- Man seized at Army base had land mine, laser scope
- Air Force test-launches missile from California
- Explosives found in vehicle at Army base in Ga.
- Officials: Man who tried entering base was AWOL
- 2 people detained with weapons at MacDill AFB
- Uzbek leader in Kyrgyzstan: Death toll over 200
- Fresh ethnic violence erupts in Kyrgyzstan
- The path to Kyrgyzstan's deadly ethnic chaos
- 45 killed, more than 600 wounded in Kyrgyz rioting
- 41 killed, more than 600 wounded in Kyrgyz rioting
- 39 killed, nearly 600 wounded in Kyrgyz rioting
- 37 killed, 500 hurt in new wave of Kyrgyz unrest
- 26 killed, 450 hurt in new wave of Kyrgyz unrest
- 17 killed, 250 hurt in new wave of Kyrgyz unrest