Release Time: For Immediate Release While the Burmese regime has gone to extraordinary lengths to isolate and silence Aung San Suu Kyi, she has continued her brave fight for democracy, peace, and change in Burma. She is a hero of mine and a source of inspiration for all who work to advance basic human rights in Burma and around the world. The United States welcomes her long overdue release.
DHARAMSALA - Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama Monday welcomed the release of Myanmarese pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi and hoped China too would free fellow Nobel laureate Liu Xiaobo and "other prisoners of conscience".
YANGON - Myanmar democracy icon Aung San Suu Kyi went back to work Monday at her National League for Democracy (NLD) party after being freed over the weekend from seven years under house arrest.
YANGON, MYANMAR (GaeaTimes.com)- After 15 years of detention, Burmese opposition politician Aung San Suu Kyi has been released on Saturday.
NEW DELHI - The Indian National Congress here on Sunday welcomed the release of pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi by Myanmar's military government after long imprisonment.
- Congress welcomes Suu Kyi’s release
- Aung San Suu Kyi calls for democracy and unity
- PM, Sonia meet Congress leaders over Raja
- India hails Suu Kyi’s release, hopes for political change
- Myanmar junta releases Aung San Suu Kyi (Night Lead)
- Netizens hail Suu Kyi’s release
- Capital’s Burmese community celebrates Suu Kyi’s release
- Suu Kyi’s 20-year war of wills with Myanmar junta: Profile
- UN rights chief welcomes release of Suu Kyi
- British premier calls Suu Kyi’s release ‘long overdue’
- Myanmar junta releases Aung San Suu Kyi (Third Lead)
- Suy Kyi is free — five days after Obama’s Delhi speech
- Myanmar junta releases Aung San Suu Kyi (Second Lead)
- When Congress headquarters was Suu Kyi’s home
- Suu Kyi released — finally
- Suu Kyi freed from house arrest
- Aung San Suu Kyi set for evening release