KOLKATA - A court in West Bengal's West Midnapore district Sunday sent two Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leaders to 14 days judicial custody for their alleged role in the Jan 7 Netai shootings which left nine people dead and several injured, police said.
KOLKATA - West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Saturday allegedly violated the ban on using microphones in open spaces due to the ongoing secondary examinations in the state.
KOLKATA - People of West Bengal Saturday woke up to banner headlines in language newspapers that have sung paeans to Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee for showering goodies on the poll-bound state.
KOLKATA - With Mamata Banerjee, chief of West Bengal's main opposition Trinamool Congress, Friday presenting the last railway budget ahead of the state assembly polls -- now just months away, political parties in the state were either effusive in their praise or sharply critical of it.
KOLKATA - In a new initiative, the Election Commission has decided to issue voter slips containing photographs and carrying detailed personal information on the electors for the coming West Bengal assembly poll, said an official Thursday.
- No expectations from this rail budget: Biman Bose
- Online complaint cell planned for Bengal polls
- Arms seized, 6,500 arrested in West Bengal in 2 weeks
- Case against Trinamool for noise pollution
- Will probe Left’s mass killings: Mamata
- Probe black money of CPI-M leaders: Mamata
- Bengal polls: Mamata reaches out to Congress
- Bengal polls: Mamata urges Congress for alliance
- Buddhadeb slams GJM for creating ‘anarchy’ in Darjeeling hills
- Overseas Bengalis urged to register names in electoral rolls
- Bengalis abroad to miss voting chance in assembly polls
- 100 CRPF companies for West Bengal polls
- Buddhadeb visits kin of youth killed by sister’s abusers
- Bengalis living abroad may vote in assembly polls
- Ahead of PM’s media interaction, BJP ups the ante (Intro Roundup)
- Advani demands JPC probe on all scams
- Communists are equally responsible for price rise: BJP
- Ahead of PM’s media interaction, BJP ups the ante (Roundup)
- BJP criticises Mamata for frequently changing allies
- Why is Sonia Gandhi silent on black money, asks Rajnath
- Set up JPC for CWG, Adarsh scams, demands Advani
- PM weak, can’t speak up against corruption: Advani
- Trinamool cannot be agent of change in Bengal: Chandan Mitra
- Govt. must clarify on phone tapping: BJP
- PM has to break silence on 2G, S-band, inflation: BJP
- Clarify on 100,000 tapped phones: BJP to government
- Poll panel to keep hawk eye on all cash transactions
- West Bengal CM says Trinamool Congress has Maoist links
- West Bengal’s Left Front woos Muslims, women
- Buddhadeb accuses Trinamool of colluding with GJM
- Buddhadeb admits mistakes, asks cadres to shun arrogance
- Poll panel verifies list of homeless after violence
- Mamata Banerjee demands probe into Dooars firing
- State not delaying Darjeeling talks: Narayanan
- Trinamool inciting Darjeeling violence: Bengal minister