WASHINGTON - The US has frozen at least $30 billion in Libyan government assets as part of efforts to loosen besieged strongman Muammar Gaddafi's grip on power.
WASHINGTON - International pressure began to mount on defiant Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi to quit with the US issuing an ultimatum to him to surrender power "without delay" and the European Union imposing an arms embargo and other restrictions.
TRIPOLI/MANAMA/MUSCAT - Anti-government protesters in Libya gained control of four cities and formed a council to begin the transition of power from Muammar Gaddafi's 41-year-old regime as Canada too slapped sanctions on the oil-rich country.
TRIPOLI/MANAMA/MUSCAT - Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's vice-like grip weakened with nearly 100,000 people fleeing the country Monday and more areas slipping out of his control.
DHAKA - The US officials have told Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina that "there will be no further high-level diplomatic interaction" until the "harassment" of Grameen Bank founder Muhammad Yunus ends, a media report claimed Monday.
- Davis case mishandled by interior ministry: Qureshi
- Didn’t arm protesters, Berlusconi tells Gaddafi
- Interior ministry mishandled Davis issue: Qureshi
- Libya bloodshed: Defiant Gaddafi says he is in Tripoli
- US asks India, Pakistan to support Afghan political process
- India sees momentum for UN reform with US support
- Grossman to be US envoy to Afghanistan, Pakistan
- Being arrogant will not help US: Pakistani daily
- Shah Mahmood Qureshi faces disciplinary action
- Clinton ‘forced’ Qureshi to grant immunity to Davis
- Qureshi dropped as Pakistan foreign minister (Second Lead)
- Qureshi dropped as Pakistan’s foreign minister
- US, Pakistan contacts now confined to Davis’s release
- Omar Suleiman Israel’s favourite to replace Mubarak: WikiLeaks
- No bets on Egypt’s future
- Egypt government, opposition agree to push constitutional reform
- Obama stops short of asking Mubarak to quit
- ‘US warned China of military action over space missiles’
- Sri Lankans have contributed to US culture: Clinton
- India, US plan several high-level visits ahead of April dialogue
- Egypt protesters defy curfew; Baradei says no going back
- Obama committed ‘true global, strategic partnership’ with India
- Rao to visit US, NSG membership on agenda
- Medvedev signs new START ratification document
- Menon meets Clinton to prepare for strategic dialogue
- Clinton to visit India in April
- Egypt president’s son, family flee to Britain
- US to build on Obama’s India visit this year: Blake
- Clinton in Gulf for talks on Iran, Middle East
- ‘US has right to interfere in Pakistan’s affairs’
- Salman Taseer Assassinated
- Shiv Sena advocates strong ties with China to ‘neutralize’ Pakistan
- WikiLeaks: Rahul Gandhi’s Hindu terror comment creates row (Roundup)
- Frank Ruggiero replaces Holbrooke as acting US special envoy
- Richard Holbrooke Dies