DUBLIN - The Irish Senate has passed a finance legislation that enacts six billion euros ($8.2 bn) in tax hikes and budget cutbacks, agreed as part of December's EU-IMF bailout for Ireland.
DUBLIN - Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen has survived a tight parliamentary vote that illustrates his government's desperation to survive its full five-year term.
DUBLIN - The roads and rivers of northwest Ireland are suddenly lined with mink.
DUBLIN - A cement mixer has rammed into the gates of the Irish parliament in an apparent protest at the country's catastrophically expensive bank bailout.
DUBLIN - Prime Minister Brian Cowen is resisting calls for an early election in Ireland amid fears about the nation's debt troubles - and his own ability to steer the country through the crisis.
- Tony Blair cancels London appearance over protests
- Tony Blair Plans to Withheld his Book Signing event at Piccadily
- Blair may cancel London appearance over protests
- Shoe, eggs hurled at ex-Brit PM Blair in Dublin
- Kids of 9/11 dead camp with teen victims of terror
- Police dodge gunfire in 3rd night of Belfast riots
- Iran's foreign minister heckled in Dublin; 3 held
- NIreland leader supported despite election loss
- Belfast cops warn of dissident IRA election attack
- Bank of Ireland unveils $4.56B fund-raising plan
- New book IDs Sinn Fein's Adams as IRA godfather
- Nation, world go green for St. Patrick's Day
- NH campaign finance activist Granny D dies at 100
- Report details last acts of NIreland disarmament
- Irish, Israeli foreign ministers to meet over Dubai death
- Irish defense minister quits over brothel comments
- Irish defense minister wins 'no confidence' vote
- IRA splinter group disarms; no apology for carnage
- Irish National Liberation Army says it's disarmed
- US encyclopedia sorry for old Irish Civil War goof
- Belfast government faces breakdown or breakthrough
- Ulster Defense Association says it has disarmed
- Irish bishop resigns over Dublin sex-abuse scandal
- Irish judges: Gay sperm donor should see his son
- 3 women challenge Irish abortion ban in Euro court
- Irish lawmakers open debate on gay rights bill
- Irish nuns offer euro128M for permitting child abuse
- Irish nuns offer 128M for permitting child abuse
- Experts: Bishops covered up priests' child abuse
- 400-pound car bomb fails to detonate in Belfast