BRASILIA - Left-wing economist Dilma Rousseff, 63, was inaugurated Saturday as the first female president of Brazil, succeeding her popular mentor Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.
BRASILIA - Left-wing economist Dilma Rousseff, 63, was inaugurated Saturday in Brasilia as the first female president in the history of Brazil.
BRASILIA - The coalition that backs Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva is set to have a two-thirds majority in the Senate in January.
SAO PAULO - Ruling-party candidate Dilma Rousseff, who is trying to become Brazil's first female leader, fell short of getting a majority of votes in presidential elections and now faces a runoff in four weeks against an experienced, centrist rival.
BRASILIA - Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva's favoured successor, Dilma Rousseff of the workers' party, fell short of an expected absolute majority in Sunday's presidential elections.
- Brazil's Rousseff facing runoff presidential vote
- Rousseff leads in first official results in Brazil
- Rousseff leads in Brazil vote, but runoff likely
- Brazil exit poll: Rousseff with wide lead in vote
- Brazil TV exit poll shows Rousseff with wide lead
- Galapagos removed from UNESCO endangered list
- Brazilian president skips G20 summit due to flood
- Director Stone praises Brazil for Iran mediation
- Brazil will oppose, but respect, Iran sanctions
- Iran welcomes Brazil mediation over nuclear issue
- Brazil's top court: Amnesty law will not change
- Haiti: Int'l aid needed to hold elections
- Brazil's outgoing prez plans to stay in politics
- India opposes sanctions against Iran at BRIC, IBSA summits
- BRIC signs pact to facilitate cooperation between development banks
- Flying ash changes PM’s flight plan
- A day in the life of summit-hopping Manmohan (Brasilia Diary)
- IBSA has entered period of consolidation, must focus on new intiatives: PM
- India, Brazil laud progress on Doha Round of Trade Negotiations
- BRIC can recast world order: Manmohan
- India, Brazil back each other for UN seat
- Brazil: 'Affinity' on Iran with China, India
- India pitches for UN reforms, global anti-terror treaty
- IBSA agrees to focus efforts on implementation of their initiatives: PM(Embargoed till 2.30 a.m)
- There’s urgent need to reform UN bodies: PM (Embargoed till 2.30 a.m.)
- India pitches for UN reforms, global anti-terror treaty (Embargo: To be printed/broadcast after 2 a.m, April 16)
- PM presents Menon as Indias official for border talks
- India, China to pursue balanced trade (Second Lead)
- Manmohan offers China assistance for quake-hit
- Dr. Manmohan Singh accorded rousing welcome in Brazil
- Manmohan arrives in Brazil for IBSA, BRIC summits
- Dr. Manmohan Singh accorder rousing welcome at Brazil
- Manmohan Singh to attend two summits in Brazilian capital
- Brazil: Cameron, Weaver protest against Amazon dam
- Brazil leader rapped for stance on Cuba dissidents