NEW DELHI - India Saturday welcomed the release of pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi and hoped that this step will be the beginning of an inclusive reconciliation in Myanmar.
YANGON - Myanmar's junta Saturday released opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi from house arrest, almost a week after staging a general election widely criticised by the international community for being neither free, fair, nor inclusive.
NEW DELHI - Social networking sites were abuzz with congratulatory messages as Myanmar's iconic pro-democracy leader and Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi was released Saturday in Yangon.
NEW DELHI - The city's Burmese community and other supporters of Myanmar's pro-democracy leader and Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi erupted in celebrations after she was released from house arrest in Yangon Saturday.
BANGKOK - Aung San Suu Kyi's patience and fierce determination have been tested repeatedly during a 20-year war of wills against Myanmar's military rulers.
- UN rights chief welcomes release of Suu Kyi
- British premier calls Suu Kyi’s release ‘long overdue’
- Myanmar junta releases Aung San Suu Kyi (Third Lead)
- Suy Kyi is free — five days after Obama’s Delhi speech
- Myanmar junta releases Aung San Suu Kyi (Second Lead)
- When Congress headquarters was Suu Kyi’s home
- Suu Kyi released — finally
- Suu Kyi freed from house arrest