BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - A prominent human rights group said Monday that Kyrgyzstan's armed forces abetted and may even have actively taken part in violence by ethnic Kyrgyz mobs against the minority Uzbek community that left at least 370 people dead in June.
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - Police in Kyrgyzstan have detained a brother of deposed President Kurmanbek Bakiyev, authorities said Thursday - the latest effort to solidify control over the country's tense south and dismantle the former leader's entourage.
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - A leading international rights group warned Wednesday that the torture and arbitrary detention of ethnic Uzbeks by security forces in southern Kyrgyzstan could lead to a new wave of intercommunal conflict.
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - Leading members of Kyrgyzstan's interim government announced their resignations Tuesday as they prepare to run for seats in parliament.
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - Kyrgyzstan's provisional leader Roza Otunbayeva was sworn in as president Saturday, ushering in what the turbulent Central Asian nation's government hopes will be a new era of stability and democratic freedoms.
- Kyrgyz constitution comes into effect
- Uzbeks plead for help after return to Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyz humanitarian crisis enters new phase
- Kyrgyzstan says Islamist groups sparked violence
- Kyrgyz authorities try to get Uzbeks to vote
- New raid by Kyrgyz forces against Uzbeks reported
- Witnesses say Kyrgyz police attack Uzbeks, kill 2
- Ethnic Uzbeks refuse to go home in Kyrgyzstan
- US envoy in riot-hit Kyrgyzstan for talks
- Ethnic Uzbeks in squalid camps fear returning home
- Interim leader: Up to 2,000 dead in Kyrgyz clashes
- UN: 1 million may need aid after Kyrgyz clashes
- Interim pres: Kyrgyz violence likely kills 2,000
- Kyrgyz interim leader in Osh, vows to restore city
- UN: 400,000 now uprooted by Kyrgyzstan unrest
- Uzbek refugees trickle home amid relative calm
- Kyrgyz army tries to get control in riot-hit south
- Heavy arms fire rings out in Kyrgyz south
- UN says violence in Kyrgyzstan was orchestrated
- Red Cross: 'several hundred' dead in Kyrgyz unrest
- UN urges Kyrgyz vote despite deadly unrest
- UN calls for Kyrgyz democracy despite unrest
- Top Kyrgyz government official resigns
- Kyrgyzstan declares state of emergency after clash
- 2 dead as ethnic clash breaks out in Kyrgyzstan
- 1 dead as ethnic clash breaks out in Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyzstan's ousted president vows not to return
- Ousted Kyrgyz president won't go back
- Deposed Kyrgyz leader says he is still president
- Belarus says ousted Kyrgyz president in Minsk
- Official: Kyrgyz president leaves Kazakhstan
- A Kyrgyz interim leader says US base unjustified
- New Kyrgyz leaders vow to prosecute ex-president
- Official: Sweep on for ex-president's brothers
- Official: Deposed Kyrgyz president resigned