SYDNEY - A group of asylum seekers protested on the roof of an Australian detention center where they were being held Tuesday, saying they were scared of being returned to their home countries and upset over the death of a fellow detainee who was about to be deported.
DADAAB, Kenya - Terrified Somalis fleeing an offensive by Islamist insurgents in their capital described a hellish scene of putrefying corpses, graves hastily dug in gardens and neighborhoods flattened by mortars.
KAKUMA, Kenya - Fighting in the Somali capital has killed more than 230 people in the past two weeks and fleeing civilians are so desperate they are giving away their last possessions for seats on a bus out of the city, U.N.
JERUSALEM - Israel's prime minister demanded Sunday that any future Palestinian state be demilitarized and recognize Israel as the Jewish homeland, as he staked out his starting position for new Mideast peace talks.
- Lebanon gives Palestinians employment rights
- Lebanon grants Palestinian refugees right to work
- Old rebellion, harsh foe swell Myanmar exile camps
- Canada: Tamil migrants in good condition
- Tamils seeking asylum in Canada may be traumatized
- Tamils cram on ship, seeking asylum in Canada
- Tamil migrant ship docks in Canada
- New refugee students in NY get ready for US school
- Lebanon debates giving Palestinians rights
- Tamil migrant ship nears Canada
- Canada briefed about migrant ship
- Sri Lanka evicts some war refugees from villages
- Fabled Burmese fighters forgotten but forgiving
- The Architect of Pol Pot’s Genocide Sentenced
- Massachusetts program turns refugees into farmers
- Uganda defends repatriation of 1,700 Rwandans
- Lesbian US war deserter wins stay of deportation