CAIRO/TRIPOLI - Clashes continued across Libya Tuesday as forces loyal to leader Muammar Gaddafi fought to regain control over areas taken over by protesters.
TRIPOLI/MANAMA/MUSCAT - Anti-government protesters in Libya gained control of four cities and formed a council to begin the transition of power from Muammar Gaddafi's 41-year-old regime as Canada too slapped sanctions on the oil-rich country.
TRIPOLI/MANAMA/MUSCAT - Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's vice-like grip weakened with nearly 100,000 people fleeing the country Monday and more areas slipping out of his control.
TRIPOLI - The Libyan capital Tripoli, which has about three million people, remains peaceful under the control of Muammar Gaddafi, after the north African country plunged into turmoil.
TRIPOLI - Anti-government protesters in Libya seized the third largest city Misurata and most of its oil fields as the UN Security Council slapped sanctions against Muammar Gaddafi's regime after a brutal crackdown left more than 1,000 civilians dead.
- Blair urged Gaddafi to stop killing protesters during two telephone conversations this week
- Gaddafi appears in public, greets supporters
- Libyan protesters defiant, 500 feared dead (Second Lead)
- Nine die in Iraq protests as demonstrations scald Arab world (Roundup)
- Gaddafi’s son seeks friend Tony Blair’s “diplomatic” assistance in ‘crushing their enemies’
- 10 killed in Libyan town: report
- Gaddafi warns of chaos, blames Al Qaeda for unrest
- Gaddafi blames Al Qaeda leader for unrest
- Al Qaeda backs Libya unrest amid genocide reports (Roundup)
- Al Qaeda steps in as Libyan unrest spreads
- India sends ship to Libya to evacuate 1,200 Indians
- Protests singe Arab world, Gaddafi defiant as Libya burns (Roundup)
- Libyan minister quits, diplomat claims genocide
- Tripoli airport functioning normally: Report
- Gaddafi barricaded in Tripoli compound, says ex-diplomat
- Protests continue in Arab world, aircraft bomb Tripoli (Roundup)
- Fighter craft bomb Tripoli, Gaddafi insists he is still there (Second Lead)
- Libya bloodshed: Defiant Gaddafi says he is in Tripoli
- Gaddafi appears on TV, scotches rumours of fleeing
- Bloody crackdown on anti-Gaddafi protesters continue
- Arab world simmers; Gaddafi’s son warns of rivers of blood (Intro Roundup)
- Libyan minister resigns over crackdown on protesters
- Arab world simmers; Gaddafi’s son warns of rivers of blood (Roundup)
- Gaddafi’s son warns of conspiracy as protests continue
- Unrest spreads in Arab world, scalds China (Intro Roundup)
- Arab world unrest spreads, scalds China (Roundup)
- Libyan unrest toll tops 100 after mourners shot dead
- It’s a big, big massacre, says Libyan
- 27 dead in fresh protests in Libya: Opposition
- Egypt effect one week on: rebellion rages across region, scores dead
- 45 killed in Libya protests
- 10 protesters killed, says Libyan opposition (Second Lead)
- Protesters gear up for massive rally in Libya
- Two die in Libya unrest
- Clashes in Libya as protesters prepare for ‘Day of Anger’ (Second Lead, changing dateline)