CHICAGO - The most telling sign yet of how the wide-open race for Chicago mayor has overshadowed everything else this election season was that Rahm Emanuel was all but invisible when his former boss came home.
BOSTON - A hard-fought Massachusetts gubernatorial race has morphed into a courtroom thriller, complete with charges of espionage, conspiracy and subterfuge.
CHICAGO - With only weeks left in the campaign, some staggering Democrats have jumped back into contention in congressional and gubernatorial races around the country, giving the party glimmers of hope that Election Day won't also be doomsday.
ALBANY, N.Y. - Republican Carl Paladino bought three minutes of airtime on Buffalo TV stations to say he's being mistreated by the media and that Democrat Andrew Cuomo is afraid to debate him in the New York governor's race.
ST. PAUL, Minn. - The head of the Minnesota GOP on Thursday said he didn't intend a Nazi comparison when he used the word "quisling" to describe Republicans who are breaking with their party's gubernatorial candidate.
- Biden: Walker skating by with GOP talking points
- Sniping and sparring in this year's debates
- Insult time, face to face, in campaign's debates
- Barrett will use money from Biden for TV ads
- Paladino to make TV address in NY governor's race
- Poll: NY governor's race no longer tight
- Feds sue Guam, US territory's election officials
- Fight for Congress could last past Election Day
- POLITICAL INSIDER: Lou Holtz pitches GOP
- Whitman spends $140M, much of it her own money
- Brown has $22.5M cash on hand in Calif. gov's race
- Richardson's shadow looms in hard-fought NM race
- 2 former Colo. govs quiz gubernatorial candidates
- GOP's Whitman blames opponent for housekeeper flap
- Fla. Gov. Crist hurt by hits from left, right
- Maid dispute could hurt Whitman's Latino strategy
- Republicans eye potential gains in Democratic Ark.
- Mass. independent vows to stay in governor's race
- NY's Cuomo: Infidelity claims in gov race hurtful
- Mass. independent candidate loses running mate
- APNewsBreak: Cahill running mate quitting race
- VP Joe Biden attends NM fundraising event
- Idaho gov. candidates play up cowboy credentials
- Poll finds close races for Calif. gov, Senate
- Whitman bid rocked by maid's immigration status
- Maine gov. candidate: I'd tell Obama to go to hell
- Correction: NY governor's race story
- AP Interview: Paladino says term won't be 'pretty'
- Lazio drops out of NY governor's race, helping GOP
- APNewsBreak: Lazio drops out of NY governor's race
- APNewsBreak: Lazio drops out NY governor's race
- Third-party candidates could tip close elections
- Third-party bids, write-ins might tip close races
- Cuomo seeks independent appeal in NY gov's race
- NYC mayor backs Andrew Cuomo in NY governor's race