SRINAGAR - Given the diverse political aspirations of Jammu and Kashmir's three regions, no single political formation - mainstream or separatist - could claim the exclusive prerogative to speak for the people of Kashmir Valley, let alone for the state's people as a whole, the three central government-appointed interlocutors said Saturday.
SRINAGAR - A shutdown called by the hardline faction of the Hurriyat Conference Tuesday to protest alleged curbs on separatist leader Syed Ali Geelani in Delhi affected normal life in the Kashmir Valley.
SRINAGAR - Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah criticizing the People's Democratic Party (PDP) for its controversial map of the state, on Sunday said 'gifting away' of state's territory will be not be acceptable.
SRINAGAR - The developments in Egypt could impact Kashmir, but nobody can foretell the shape of such an impact, People's Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti said here Saturday.
SRINAGAR - At least five persons were injured, when protestors clashed with the police here on Friday over reports that Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front leader Yasin Malik was attacked by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) activists in Ajmer.
- Time for dialogue to resolve Kashmir problem: Hurriyat
- Day after tension, Lal Chowk back to business
- Yatra stopped to please separatists: BJP; flag hoisted at Madhopur (Roundup)
- Republic Day peaceful in Kashmir; separatist, BJP marches foiled (Second Lead)
- BJP activists, separatists held on peaceful R-Day in Kashmir
- Four BJP leaders detained at Srinagar airport
- Tension on Kashmir-Punjab border as BJP rally marches on (Afternoon Lead)
- Jammu-Srinagar highway shut to prevent BJP march
- Omar again asks BJP to abandon Kashmir yatra
- Omar Abdullah begins third year - after months of turmoil
- Mufti slams J-K Govt. for failing to provide basic infrastructure to people
- All but 50 Kashmir stone pelters released: Padgaonkar
- Omar Abdullah survives the test - for now (News Analysis)
- Omar gets praise from opposition PDP legislator
- Geelani rubbishes Kashmir interlocutor’s suggestion
- Clashes in Srinagar after news of assault on Mirwaiz
- Geelani threatens to intensify Kashmir agitation
- Kashmiri politicians welcome Barack Obama’s statement
- Peaceful Diwali expected in valley during two days of ‘normalcy’
- Chidambaram visits Leh town
- Geelani to intensify stir ahead of Obama’s India visit
- Curfew in Srinagar to scuttle separatist march
- Hope in Kashmir as interlocutors begin mission
- PDP has reservations on Kashmir interlocutor nominations
- Government names Kashmir interlocutors, separatists say ‘futile’ (Intro Roundup)
- Appointing interlocutors futile, say Kashmir separatists
- Government names Kashmir interlocutors, Geelani says ‘futile’ (Roundup)
- Futile to restart Kashmir talks, says Geelani
- We don’t need your advice, Indian clerics told
- Omar’s remarks: Protest sit-in staged outside assembly
- Lawmakers scuffle with officials in Indian Kashmir
- Omar’s speech triggers ruckus in house, BJP member hurt
- Ruckus over Omar speech in assembly, BJP MLA injured
- Nothing substantial in 8-point Kashmir package: CPI-M
- No end in sight to suffering of Kashmiris (News Analysis)