Smoking Laws And Regulations
BERLIN - Munich's mayor has tapped the first keg, opening this year's annual Oktoberfest in southern Germany, where millions of guest from around the globe are expected to clink mugs of frothy beer in celebration of 200 years of the world renown festival.
NEW YORK - New York City is pursuing a tough new policy that would shoo smokers out of public parks, beaches and even the heart of Times Square - one of the most ambitious outdoor anti-tobacco efforts in the nation.
ATLANTA - New research shows that smoking bans spare many children with asthma from being hospitalized, a finding that suggests smoke-free laws have even greater health benefits than previously believed.
NEW YORK - New York City officials want to take their smoking ban outdoors.
NO SMOKING: Greece is imposing tougher smoking restrictions that outlaws lighting up in enclosed public areas and prohibits tobacco advertising.
- Chain-smoking Greeks face tough ban
- Calif Chamber: Pot law would allow smoking at work
- German state bans smoking at Oktoberfest
- Wis. to launch statewide smoking ban ad blitz
- Schwarzenegger vetoes smoking ban at state parks
- Michigan's workplace smoking ban begins Saturday
- No butts about it: Navy subs to ban smoking
- Mich. hookah fanciers fume about smoking ban
- Paraguay bans smoking in all closed public spaces
- No butts about it: Navy bans smoking on submarines
- Calif. moves to ban smoking at all state parks
- Attempt stalls to ban smoking at Calif state parks
- Calif. considers smoking ban at all state parks
- Shanghai declares indoor smoking ban ahead of Expo
- Shanghai declares smoking ban ahead of World Expo
- MIS bans smoking in most areas after law change
- Anti-smoking ads spark scandal in France
- After outcry, Seattle parks smoking ban is relaxed
- China to expand smoking bans in 7 major cities
- Cayman Islands bans smoking in public places
- Cyprus to ban indoor smoking on Jan 1 _ again
- No vote on Mich. school changes as lawmakers wait
- Michigan gov to sign smoking ban into law Friday
- Colo. Supreme Court bans smoking in live theater
- Exit, smoking: Actors can't light up on Colo stage
- Mich. Senate passes smoking ban; casinos exempt
- Lawmakers considering smoking ban at NH beaches
- Public to vote on South Dakota's smoking ban law