SHILLONG - Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi's visit here turned out to be a PR disaster Monday with the media furious at being kept out of his interaction with students of the North East Hill University (NEHU) despite being invited.
SHILLONG - Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will visit this Meghalaya capital Monday to interact with students of the North Eastern Hill University on a range of issues, an official said Sunday.
SHILLONG - Reiterating their demand for a joint parliamentary committee (JPC) probe into the 2G spectrum scam, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Left parties Saturday said a probe into the scam has become essential with arrest of former communications minister A.Raja.
SHILLONG - The Meghalaya government Friday ordered magisterial probe into the killing of a Garo rebel leader in an alleged staged gunfight by security forces.
SHILLONG - The Congress in Meghalaya has proposed the name of former chief minister D.D.
- No change in leadership in Meghalaya: Congress
- Meghalaya chief minister to complain against Agatha
- Sangma seeks public help for riot victims
- Meghalaya riot toll rises, curfew relaxed
- Chamber choir gives balm to Meghalaya in turmoil (2010 in Retrospect)
- Talks with HNLC within constitution ambit: Meghalaya minister
- Meghalaya Police Bill passed over opposition’s objection
- Meghalaya government open to talks with rebel groups
- Meghalaya examining demand for Garo territorial council
- No threat from China, Arunachal border peaceful: Dorjee Khandu
- Garo Hills civic polls postponed after violence
- Garo Hills to hold first-ever civic polls, despite violence
- Gubernatorial style bashes for Meghalaya’s centenarians
- Sangma urges Meghalayans not to support terrorists
- India taking up China dam issue: Arunachal minister
- Meghalaya, Assam seek more time on border dispute
- Meghalaya chief minister to meet Sonia Gandhi over toll gates
- India should support Bangladesh’s war crimes trial: Sangma
- India, Bangladesh to exercise calm on border
- NCP slams Meghalaya government’s handling of encroachment
- NCP walks out from Meghalaya assembly on encroachment issue
- India, Bangladesh soon to resolve boundary disputes: Pillai
- Meghalaya for all-party effort on border row with Assam
- No power cuts during FIFA World Cup, promises Meghalaya
- Assam, Meghalaya chief ministers to discuss border Saturday
- Militant outfit says Pakistan’s ISI offered help
- Life in Meghalaya hit by militant outfit’s shutdown
- Meghalaya chief minister to meet PM over Assam police firing
- Shutdown affects life in Meghalaya
- Meghalaya seeks independent probe on Langpih firing
- Meghalaya calls all-party meeting on crisis
- Security up in Meghalaya after firing kills two
- NCP demands Meghalaya CM’s resignation
- Two killed in police firing in Meghalaya
- All-party team should visit Manipur: P.A. Sangma