SHANGHAI - The population in Shanghai, one of the major economic powerhouses of China, might have reached 23 million, far exceeding the earlier estimates of 20 million, a demographer has said.
SHANGHAI - IT professionals from India are welcome to China "because they are very good", said a Communist Party of China leader during an interaction here with Nitin Gadkari, the first BJP president to visit the country.
SHANGHAI - Chinese President Hu Jintao may have never thought that his state visit to the US, aimed at improving bilateral relations, would also require him to teach a lesson or two in the Chinese language to President Obama's beloved daughter Sasha.
BEIJING - China's premier is warning that his country will take "further actions" in Japan does not immediately release a ship captain at the center of a growing dispute between the two Asian powers.
TOKYO - Should the escalating spat between Japan and China over disputed islands evolve into a full-blown diplomatic battle, the economic fallout could include derailing delicate talks over developing potentially lucrative undersea gas fields between the two Asian giants.
- Daley mentored others as he reshaped Chicago
- Iran slams nuclear powers
- Tagore plaques in China shine again thanks to Patil
- Nirupam Rao heads for Washington from China
- Chinese throng to see Indian classical dances
- Tagore’s bust unveiled in Shanghai
- Patil got Chinese names written in Devnagari
- President Patil pitches for green tech at Shanghai expo
- Chinese leaders showed commitment to boosting ties: President
- Clinton tours Expo ahead of tough Beijing talks
- Clinton tours World Expo ahead of Beijing talks
- Clinton: NKorea must face consequences for attack
- Shanghai Expo nations sometimes make odd neighbors
- Shanghai marks comeback with Expo extravaganza
- Sarkozy, other leaders in Shanghai for World Expo
- Most famous Shanghai activist kept quiet for Expo
- China lifts travel ban against people with HIV
- Shanghai declares indoor smoking ban ahead of Expo
- Shanghai declares smoking ban ahead of World Expo
- Chinese who camped in Tokyo's airport arrives home
- Police force first Mr Gay China pageant to close
- Disney exec: China big enough for 2 theme parks
- 3 Americans die in cargo plane crash in China
- UNAIDS: Sex main cause for HIV spreading in China