TORONTO - Canada imposed sanctions on Libya in a swift Sunday night move after reports that embattled Libyan leader Col Muammar Gaddafi and his family were planning to withdraw millions of dollars held in Canadian banks.
KUWAIT CITY - Tanks, rocket launchers and multi-barrelled guns of allies of the 1990-91 Gulf War Saturday rolled down a specially-created facility at Al-Subiya military base to mark the 20th anniversary of Kuwait's liberation from Iraqi occupation.
NEW DELHI - With the situation in Libya expected to become more violent in the days to come, India Friday mapped out elaborate plans to evacuate most of its 18,000 nationals from the North African nation on a war footing by air, sea and land.
NEW DELHI - With the situation in Libya expected to get bloodier in the days to come, India has drawn up elaborate plans to evacuate most of its 18,000 nationals from the North African nation on a war footing by air, sea and land.
- Mamata recites Lata’s song
- 12,000 Chinese evacuated from Libya
- India, Maldives to intensify anti-piracy cooperation
- Arms sales can boost India-US ties: US experts
- China, Pakistan pledge to improve military cooperation
- Tripoli airport functioning normally: Report
- Arms seized, 6,500 arrested in West Bengal in 2 weeks
- Libyan officers urge troops to oust Gaddafi
- Sri Lanka releases 136 Indian fishermen
- South Korea sees ‘chance of military provocation’ from North
- ISRO deal was a mistake: Antony
- Republican House hands Obama big victory over new warplane
- 100 CRPF companies for West Bengal polls
- Japanese army chief’s visit to boost defence cooperation
- 400 Kashmir political activists lose security cover
- Israeli cabinet approves new army chief
- Poll panel verifies list of homeless after violence
- India seeks reform of global security structure
- Mubarak stand: Intelligence failure or a deal gone awry?
- Egypt military says it is intervening
- Mubarak to quit, hand over power to military council: Official
- Egyptian armed forces meet to discuss protests
- US official in India to push defence sales
- Poll panel team to again visit West Bengal
- Russia urges US to withdraw nuclear weapons from Europe
- Mistrust of foreigners amid Egypt revolt
- Karzai seeks to reassure West on corruption
- Thai prime minister defends army’s actions in border battle
- ‘US warned China of military action over space missiles’
- Strategic guru and thinker K. Subrahmanyam is dead (Third Lead)
- Northeast borders need priority in security, say chief ministers
- Strategic guru K.Subrahmanyam is dead (Second Lead)
- Subrahmanyam was key architect of India’s security doctrine: Ansari
- Mayawati absent at chief ministers meet, demands central aid
- Centre should pick up tab for paramilitary forces: Raman Singh