SAN'A, Yemen - A rocket attack on Wednesday damaged a British diplomatic car in the capital San'a, wounding three bystanders and an embassy staffer, a Yemeni and British officials said.
SAN'A, Yemen - A Yemeni security official says a mortar round exploded near a British diplomatic motorcade not far from its embassy in the capital San'a.
SAN'A, Yemen - Yemeni troops on Friday managed to drive al-Qaida fighters from a southern town after five days of clashes, a senior security official said, ending an operation that was part of the government's escalated campaign to uproot the terror network's local offshoot.
SAN'A, Yemen - Al-Qaida militants holed up in a village in south Yemen on Wednesday fought off repeated attempts by government troops backed by tanks and heavy artillery to retake the besieged town, officials said.
SAN'A, Yemen - Yemeni officials say government troops laying siege to al-Qaida militants holed up in a village in the country's south have failed to retake the town because of fierce resistance.
- Yemeni officials deny reports cleric surrounded
- Thousands of Yemenis flee battle with al-Qaida
- Yemen says al-Qaida is government's main challenge
- Bin Laden's bodyguard warns of escalation in Yemen
- Attack in Yemen's tense south kills 4 soldiers
- Yemen's army battles rebels in north; dozens dead
- Army and rebels clash in north Yemen
- Yemeni militants kill 11 in brazen jailbreak
- Tribal chief: Yemen tribesmen blow up oil pipeline
- Official: Yemen won't extradite US radical cleric
- Yemen: British ambassador escapes explosion
- 13-year-old Yemeni bride dies of bleeding
- Yemen raid kills southern activist, family
- Yemen accuses rebels of violating truce
- Yemen announces truce with rebels
- Yemen rejects rebels' cease-fire offer
- Yemeni rebel leader accepts cease-fire conditions
- Yemen: Suspected al-Qaida figure killed in raid
- Yemen: Security forces capture 3 al-Qaida suspects
- Yemen shows frictions with US over terror fight
- US and Britain close their embassies in Yemen
- US Embassy in Yemen closes over al-Qaida threats
- US Embassy in Yemen closes over al-Qaida threat
- Yemen: US never warned us about airline bomber
- Airline attack suspect spent 2 periods in Yemen
- Yemen claims 34 killed in raid on Qaida hide-outs
- Yemen raids al-Qaida hide-outs, kills at least 34
- Japanese engineer released by Yemeni tribesmen
- Embassy: Japanese man released by Yemeni captors
- Japanese engineer kidnapped by Yemen tribesmen