SAO PAULO - A former Marxist guerrilla chosen by Brazil's beloved leader to succeed him will face a centrist rival in a presidential runoff after failing to get enough votes to win Sunday's election outright, according to official results.
SAO PAULO - A one-time Marxist guerrilla chosen by Brazil's beloved leader to succeed him took a wide lead in Sunday's presidential election, but a second-round vote seemed inevitable, said top officials within the government and the ruling party.
CONAKRY, Guinea - A critical presidential runoff in tiny Guinea will be postponed by at least two weeks, an official with the electoral commission said Thursday.
CONAKRY, Guinea - Only days before Guinea's historic presidential runoff election, hundreds of thousands of voting cards have not yet arrived and the trucks needed to transport materials to distant villages are still idling at a warehouse in the capital.
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - The two candidates facing off in Guinea's historic runoff election later this month say they'll respect its outcome.
- Meek takes Florida's Senate Democratic nomination
- Novice pol Scott wins GOP governor primary in Fla.
- Guinea election to go to runoff
- Ark. Democrats vie for black voters in Senate race
- Colombia frontrunner seeks better ties with Chavez
- Conservative Uribe ally dominates Colombia vote
- Uribe torchbearer dominates Colombia vote
- Voters in SC capital city choose 1st black mayor
- Afghan rival says Karzai undermines war on Taliban
- Afghan rival: Karzai undermines war on Taliban
- Ukraine vote count shows win for Yanukovych
- Exit poll: Yanukovych tops Ukrainian vote
- Croatia: presidential election goes to runoff
- Polls: Opposition member, Zagreb mayor in runoff
- Mexico's Calderon proposes major political reform
- Chile: Billionaire beat leftists, now faces runoff
- Group: Mugabe loyalists raped women during vote
- Ex-state Sen. Kasim Reed elected Atlanta mayor
- Slim win for mayor shows battered black electorate
- Race part of decision for next Atlanta mayor
- Black-white turnout key in Atlanta mayoral runoff
- Romania's president, rival in runoff election